R/T vs crossroad

Abesmil

Hi everyone I decided to take the journey after searching for a small 7 passenger.

I like the look of the crossroad with the black wheels and crome roof bar.

My question is what do I get more on the RT?

I'm in middle of ordering one but for some reason I see the RT is sill more expensive even after adding all features to the crossroad

What's the price difference? My 2014 R/T Rallye AWD retailed for $31,300 according to the window sticker (I bought it very lightly used and bought it when the dealer was having a sale on bunch of used SUVs). It has red stitched seats and steering wheel, 19" anthracite wheels, body color grille and door handles, R/T sport-tuned suspension, roof rails deleted. Some of these are unique to the Rallye appearance package, including the black headlight buckets.

I bought my Journey because it fit all my needs for an amazing price, and looked cool to boot with the Rallye package. If I was going to order one from the factory, though, I'd get the Crossroad and then look into having the grille blacked out and the chrome-ish trim on the front fascia blacked out as well (not sure if it is already... I just hate the chrome grille on non-Rallye and non-Blacktop Journeys, and the front trim on the Crossroad is awkward to me). I like its wheels the best, and I wish my R/T had the lower side rails and darker tail lights. I might look into adding them down the road.

You must not have looked very hard. From the Dodge website:

DJ R/T standard equipment:

Included Features
â– 3.6L V6 24-Valve VVT Engine
â– Six-Speed AutoStick Automatic Transmission
â– Up to 25 HWY MPG+
â– Unique Monochromatic Exterior Look with Premium 19-Inch Satin Carbon Aluminum Wheels
â– Premium Perforated Black Leather Interior with Red Accent Stitching
â– Heated Front Seats and a Heated Steering Wheel
â– Premium 368-Watt Sound System with Subwoofer

Crossroads standard equipment:

Included Features
â– 2.4L I4 DOHC 16-Valve Dual VVT Engine
â– Four-Speed AutoStick Automatic Transmission
â– Up to 26 HWY MPG+
â– 19-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels and 225/55R19 All-Season Touring Tires
â– Leather-Trimmed Seats with Sport Mesh Inserts and Light Slate Gray Accent Stitching
â– Black Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel and Shift Knob
â– Light Slate Gray Accent Stitching on the Center Console Armrest and Premium Door Panels
â– Exclusive Liquid Graphite Accents on the IP, Gauge Cluster, Center Console, Door Pulls and Steering Wheel

Click the little ! icon beside the model. Pretty simple.

Edited by jkeaton

Sounds like the major differences are visual styling. The V6, 6 speed, and AWD have to be added if they're desired (and I definitely wanted them). R/T guarantees you the mechanical goodies, and gives you a sporty look. Crossroad is optional and gives a different unique look and feel.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Official Dodge Support

I looked at the Canadian dodge.ca web site and it shows in order of trim level the crossroad Awd having a higher starting price then the RT

I think it's more a styling preference at that point.

CrossRoad14,

I like the looks of the Crossroad, I think most buyers will take a step back and decide on appearance as the the R/T is similar in so many ways.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...