09 Dodge Journey not shifting

JasonXXX

09 2wd. 45k miles

Can shift into park reverse or drive. Will not shift out of 2nd or 3rd while in drive. Not sure which one. It will go about 35mph and continue to just Rev up instead of shift. Switch to manual shift gear does nothing still just says D on the dashboard instead of the gear number. No issues leading up to this just happened out of nowhere. Any ideas or advice?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I had the same problem , would shift fine up til 30 kph 2nd gear and just starts reving high and won't change gear , got diagnostics code it's P084B which means transmission fluid pressure switch/switch H circuit range , I've tried bringing it to dealer but a week waiting list ;( drove today for 2hrs after been parked up for 2days and had no problem but engine management light still on , if I could find the presure switch I'd replace it myself

• Official Dodge Support

I had the same problem , would shift fine up til 30 kph 2nd gear and just starts reving high and won't change gear , got diagnostics code it's P084B which means transmission fluid pressure switch/switch H circuit range , I've tried bringing it to dealer but a week waiting list ;( drove today for 2hrs after been parked up for 2days and had no problem but engine management light still on , if I could find the presure switch I'd replace it myself

Sg885412,

Welcome to the forum!

I would recommend following through with your dealer visit, may not necessarily be the switch.

Could be something simple, wouldn't want to see Customers performing repairs which may end up costing more than needed.

Keep us posted if you can.

Hi everyone

I'm wrinting from Bogotá, Colombia. I have an 2011 Dodge Journey 2.4L and I have a trouble with the transmission. The reverse not shift and the Journey doesn't light on an error code. I leave the car on the Dealer represent (Daymler - Chrysler Colombia) and the answer (without check and analysis) was.... "You need to change the transmission and it costs 4.000 USD" as simple as that!

Anyone on this forum possibly know the problem origin and the possible solution?

Its embarrasing the customer support in Colombia with this answer I received!. My Dodge Journey has 30.000 kms.

Thanks

• 3 years later...