£350 for a new key fob!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 9/20/2016 at 9:51 AM, tmoffitt said:

Hi Sazzleevans,

I was browsing the forum after a long time and spotted your message.  My problem was that both my keyfobs were damaged - one got squashed by my wife in the house front door as it closed, while she managed to drop the 2nd one into a bucket of water.  As a result, only the central locking of one worked, while the other one would operate the ignition.  I'm also in the UK - near Belfast, Northern Ireland.  We'd been making do like this for a couple of years because of the high cost, but earlier this year there was a factory recall to replace the ignition, where there was a safety risk of it moving to Accessory position by itself while driving.  Because of the replaced ignition part, we ended up with two new keyfobs :)

You should check with your local UK dealer about this, though it sounds like you eventually got sorted out although had to pay a bit.

Just a bit of an update on the KeyFob......here in the U.S. we had a recall for the Win Module back last year  This recall was to replace the ignition switch with one that had a stronger detent so the key could not be accidentally turned off while in the switch.  In addition to the new switch, the KeyFob's were also updated, this fixed the battery problem the original style had.  However, with the new Win Module and KeyFob Chrysler somehow took away the ability for an owner to program his own key....meaning you Must have the dealer do it, and the KeyFob is not reprogrammable.

I just had to have my Win Module replaced, which meant I needed new KeyFob's.

I'm not sure if any of this applies to vehicles in the U.K., but I hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, priell3 said:

I lost one of my fobs and have a new one being delivered this week.  $57.03 from Amazon.

I see them on the site for $35:

https://www.amazon.com/JOURNEY-BUTTON-KEYLESS-REMOTE-CLICKER/dp/B00DUGSOJ0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1475678376&sr=8-1&keywords=dodge+journey+key+fob

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:32 AM, bramfrank said:

That doesn't go up to 2015 and is only 3 button, I have the 4 button which includes remote start.

I received the replacement fob in the mail today and had it programmed at the dealer for 41 bucks.  Works perfectly.  They couldn't cut the blank at the dealer so I stopped into the Lowe's next door and they cut it free.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B018F4PGJW?psc=1

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...