Adding automatic headlights

To get the auto headlights to work in my wife's car, I learned way more than I probably should have needed to. I was having a real hard time with the dealership that sold us the car. They just didn't care enough abut my business to open a star case or explain why they couldn't add the sales code. I have to drive a little farther to get to a smaller dealership, but because they took the time with me, I will continue to go there. Hopefully your local dealer is better then the first one I was dealing with.

• 7 months later...

Hi - yes I'm still monitoring this thread. Sorry about the PM, I don't know why some people are not able to send them. I checked your VIN but neither code is currently available for me to add. Went through this once before late in 2014/early 2015 so stay tuned, I may be able to do it in the future if corporate puts the sales codes back.

We've never done the swap at my shop, but the STAR case from Chrysler clearly states to reconfigure the vehicle after the code is added. Otherwise, the car does not know the feature is there.

I know that when we added trailer tow wiring to my own Journey after I bought it, the trailer lights did not work until we added the sales code for trailer wiring and then reconfigured the car - then they worked.

It appears that there are two threads active on adding auto headlights. I have added both the sensor and light switch (posted on the newer thread started by ultranutz), so Journeyman425, please do not forget about me if the sales code ever pops up again. I ask this incase you are not monitoring both threads. Thank you for all of your effort on this forum. Members like you make this all worthwhile. :love_shower: