2009 AWD Journey-Power Transfer Unit

Ed11729

The Power Transfer Unit on my AWD Journey seized up from a seal failure and I had to have the Journey flatbedded to my dealer shop on May 26th because it was undriveable. Bought an "Added Care Plus " contract when I purchaed the vehicle. The dealer quoted me a $2600 price including labor if I did not have the contract, This is one case when buying those service contracts pays off in the long run. Had additional maintenance work done while the vehicle was there. Driving the vehicle home was like driving a new car. Mileage on the vehicle 61,000.

• Official Dodge Support

The Power Transfer Unit on my AWD Journey seized up from a seal failure and I had to have the Journey flatbedded to my dealer shop on May 26th because it was undriveable. Bought an "Added Care Plus " contract when I purchaed the vehicle. The dealer quoted me a $2600 price including labor if I did not have the contract, This is one case when buying those service contracts pays off in the long run. Had additional maintenance work done while the vehicle was there. Driving the vehicle home was like driving a new car. Mileage on the vehicle 61,000.

The transfer case failure also caused that strange odor that was entering the vehicle through the ventiltion system. See my post a few weeks ago.

Ed11729,

Thanks for sharing the experience.

Extended warranties are always worth looking into, it's impossible to predict what may or may not happen.

Modern vehicles are just jammed packed with expensive electronics these days.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys i've got a question im new in this forum. I just buy a 2009 journey sxt with 29000 miles on it. I want to know about the transfer warranty to the second owner.

Should be in the supplemental warranty book with the owners manual.

• 9 months later...