9.2 L / 100 KM

Bubba

We did a road trip to Columbus Ohio over this past weekend , around 1400 km round trip and averaged 9.2 L / 100km or 25.5 mpg . 3.5 L engine . Two adults and child with back full of luggage , A/C on and did 120 to 130 kph most of the way . I think that is pretty good , what do you guys think .

Edited by Bubba

• 4 weeks later...

I'm far too lazy to do the math, but my display says I'm at about 24 mpg with mixed driving and I am very happy with that...

Unfortunately I would rather do the math because my EVIC is consistently wrong........ ;) While I am on the subject, do others feel their EVIC is way out, just curious.

Terry

Edited by Windancer

We did a road trip to Columbus Ohio over this past weekend , around 1400 km round trip and averaged 9.2 L / 100km or 25.5 mpg . 3.5 L engine . Two adults and child with back full of luggage , A/C on and did 120 to 130 kph most of the way . I think that is pretty good , what do you guys think .

With all of the factors given I would say that is quite decent. As Bigtsr mentioned a little slower and the fuel consumption would be better. I averaged 7.8 L/ 100 km last year to Florida.

The units value in the DJ switches between litre/km and US Gallons/miles - there is no English measure readout.

As to the EVIC being accurate . . . mine is darned close - however one needs to keep in mind that fuel consumption figures displayed are not based on total distance and volume since the last reset, but rather of a lesser distance; something like 1000 km (I never bothered to determine what the window actually is).

My navigator allows me to track consumption by inputting price per litre (or gallon), volume of fuel and distance travelled - it builds a file that can be exported to a PC to import into a spreadsheet, which is actually rather neat - I use the car's odometer for the distance reading because of the way navigators track such things. The EVIC is almost spot on if I synchronise the stats by resetting the EVIC when I do the navigator, which is just a simple calculator.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

I want those fuel figures as well!! right now after having my car for 3 days I am getting 13,2 L / 100km,

And that's from and to work, mainly.

it consist of about 2km city streets and about 18km highway in speeds of 80-90 km/h (I am mainly using the cruise control)

And yes I have floored it a couple of times but that just for a couple of seconds, could that make such a difference on the "average' fuel consumption gauge?

Anyway it's a great car,

Regards

• 4 weeks later...

Got back from a 800miles long road trip from the Swedish "Alps" and I was surprised with my trip meter, witch showed 9,4L/100km, and my speed was very mixed and a lot of hilly roads.

So I should be satisfied I suppose.

Regards

Fully acceptable results for the Pentastar considering the terrain/environment

and makes a statement as to your driving style.

When I first drove mine on a flat expressway for 320 km non stop on cruise

and admittedly with a tailwind at 110 km per hour I saw 7.2 L/100km.

7,2l/100km that's really good even with a tailwind,

Ehm about my driving style, when I think about it, I have never made so many passes and floored it so many times, like in this trip,

Thank good the speed cameras in Sweden don't measure the time between two cameras and measure the speed that way, ( they apperantly do in Norway, got to stay away from Norway, haha

But the best part about every pass I did was that it felt safe, even with a fully loaded car, the throttle response and acelleration was really quick,

We will see if we keep the car or swap it for a diesel. Then I will be the guy been overtaken by a V6 Freemont and not the other way around :(

Regards

Edited by Swedishguy

• 2 years later...