2014 Dodge Journey Crossroad (Still on order!)

I had an R/T (every option but the web) in Granite Crystal Metallic Clear Coat Exterior Paint on order last month early in the month and the dealer was stalling and stalling, so I finally confronted them and said what is going on, they said there was a restriction on ordering the vehicle. I cancelled the order due to their lack of honesty with me. I then went to truecar.com and searched for my vehicle configured the way I wanted it. The price I got from the truecar dealer was a lot less $3000 less than the other dealer. Well they told me right out that there is a restriction and they can’t order it, however they have a similar vehicle on order already with only 2 differences. There is no Sunroof (I did not want it, but was the only way to get the roof racks on the R/T), and it was in Fathom Blue Pearl Coat Exterior Paint (Not available on the R/T) This is the EXACT vehicle I wanted from the beginning so I purchased it, and I’m still waiting for it to be build. I have a VIN # 3C4PDDGG1ET311640 but that’s all the information I have to date. I was going to cancel it this month as some incentives were going away but they stayed the same for me anyways. With VOTS being down, can someone look up my VIN and let me know what the status is on this. I do not want to say I’m getting the run around from another dealer but they just do not like to give me any information on what is going on, probably think I’m going to cancel the order on them. I will if any of the incentives drop off at the end of this month. I am very discouraged at the whole car buying process actually it takes forever to get what you want… What do I want?

JOURNEY CROSSROAD AWD $28,395

COLORS

Black Interior Color $0

Fathom Blue Pearl Coat Exterior Paint $0

OPTIONS

19-Inch x 7.0-Inch Hyper Black Aluminum Wheels $0

225/55R19 BSW All Season Touring Tires $0

Performance Suspension $0

3.6-Liter V6 24-Valve VVT Engine $0

6-Speed Automatic Transmission $0

Navigation and Sound Group I $995

Leather-Trimmed Bucket Seats $595

Trailer Tow Prep Group $145

Sound Group $395

Popular Equipment Group $995

Rear Seat Video Group $1,195

Flexible Seating Group $1,500

Second-Row Seat with 2 Child Booster Seats $225

Now Time will tell if I can actually get this or not, I hope I can because it’s a great vehicle!

Edited by pjiv

Best rebate I've seen is $3250 on 14's. Problem is inventory. I don't get why they would build a 14 when they're building 15's and clearing out 14's. That's why there's a rebate on them.

I got $7,000 in rebates when I bought my '14 in March...

Yes, some of it was dealer stuff... It was at a volume dealer. Not sure if they get better deals or what, but before trade in and options/TTL/extended warranty I had $7,000 in rebates. Only reason I bought it, I was looking at used vehicles but couldn't say no to that kind of a deal. Same thing happened 2 years ago when I bought my Avenger. Was looking at something else, but the deal was insane.

OK that makes more sense. You must have gotten employee price as well. Chrysler isn't as strict as Ford and GM. That's why I never get those vehicles.

Dealers pay the same price for vehicles, their incentives are different. They can all offer what Chrysler advertises, but extra incentives are usually volume based, and usually apply to only certain vehicles at a time.

Sometimes they word it differently, its all a marketing game. Like when you hear "extra bonus cash", or "double your trade in up to (X) dollars"..."extra 1k for your trade"....blah blah blah. Each dealer typically has a # they need to hit dictated by the manufacturer. If they don't hit that #, they don't get their extra incentives (rebates) for the next month, or significantly less.

There are no 2015 Journeys being built. They are not even open for ordering yet. The only 2015 Chrysler product currently in production is the new 200.

That makes sense then. Figured they'd be building 15's by now, the model change overs are usually August/September. I know it can vary by vehicle though.

I got $3500 in rebates, wanted the 1.9% for 72 months. However they expire on the 30th if I don't take retail stock by then, the dealer knows if I can not lock in these rebates then the deal is off. The reason I ordered this vehicle is because I could not find one anywhere the way I wanted it configured. It seems strange how these are selling when you can't even get one built. I'm hoping this deal goes through, if not I'll wait till the fall when the incentives are even better but then the Hyundai Santa Fe will come into play as well, it's got more room in the back seat and a whole lot more towing but the rebates are not there right now. My current vehicle registration is up Aug 14th, 2014 I do not plan on renewing it unless I have to. Hopefully I will have this vehicle by then.

Edited by pjiv

• 2 weeks later...

It's built and awaiting shipping to my dealership, and rebates and incentives locked in. Now it's just a waiting game to get it here, put the hitch and the 7 pin plug on it, and the other dealer options I ordered and then pick it up. I can relax now, it's mine.

It's built and awaiting shipping to my dealership, and rebates and incentives locked in. Now it's just a waiting game to get it here, put the hitch and the 7 pin plug on it, and the other dealer options I ordered and then pick it up. I can relax now, it's mine.

Just concurred. Built yesterday @12:03 AM. Scheduled to be loaded on first railcar on the 5th. Current dealer ETA is 7/23 but that can change on either side. Stay tuned!

Thanks for the dealer timeframe. They were telling me a week or two, looks like 3 or 4 more likely. It's all good I know I'm getting it now can't wait to join the ranks, I'll be posing my review of the vehicle and all the problems I have for a long time since I got the Lifetime Extended Max Care Warrantee on it. Dodge will be fixing this thing for a long, long time. I drive em till there dead. If all goes well I will buy another Chrysler product in a couple of years and put the warrantee on it as well.

Yes,

I had to pay a lot for the 7 Pin Plug wiring but it's worth it, it's right on the hitch and I needed the 7 pin plug for the trailer, 4 pin would not work, since the vehicle already was ordered with the trailer wiring it's a waste but there was no way to undo the order so It cost me $140 more than it should of, oh well. Actually everything I'm adding is Mopar except the weather tech mats, I'm keeping the original floor mats in the plastic so if I go to sell it in say 15 years they will have new floor mats. I put the Maximum Care Lifetime Warrantee on this vehicle so I plan on keeping it while.