whistle noise while accelerating

Blackout

would need alot more info. but my daughter has a 2007 caravan and it has developed a noise something like a whistle and gets louder as she goes faster her mech said it was a air intake leak and said not to worry about it right now other then the sound . but why not take it to a dealer or mech for a quick check? GOOD LUCK

The whistle is very faint when I hit the gas a lil you can hear it very faint its not a loud whistle the IDLE remains about the same

I will keep you guys posted I will keep an eye on it more later

It sounds like its coming from the engine air filter area

When I drive I barely hear it its just when Im in park and I hit the gas a lil thats when you hear the faint whistle

Guess it could be the RT power it has haha

Have a good days guys!

Later

• Official Dodge Support

I'm getting same whistle noise while accelerating.

Maybe it pulley ball berring, or alternator berrings.

Camper,

I found a TSB that may be related if you're also hearing a noise from the HVAC system as described by @Blackout.

The door/cover for the cabin air filter may not be properly seated which will cause a whistle type noise.

If your dealer finds a gap and it's not properly secured, then the door/cover will need to be replaced.

Hope that helps, cheers!

• Official Dodge Support

Thank you @DodgeCACares

I appreciate it next time im in the area ill stop by to my dealer and have them check

Blackout,

No problem, keep us posted if you make it in and they find out what's happening.

Do you have a particular dealer you visit? We are here in Windsor as well and are surrounded by a great group of dealers.

Cheers!

Camper,

I found a TSB that may be related if you're also hearing a noise from the HVAC system as described by @Blackout.

The door/cover for the cabin air filter may not be properly seated which will cause a whistle type noise.

If your dealer finds a gap and it's not properly secured, then the door/cover will need to be replaced.

Hope that helps, cheers!

That was great help DodgeCACares....it's great that you offer real help instead of many customer service representatives that just give a copy & paste of phone #'s and tell members to go to the dealer. Thank you! :)

@DodgeCACares I mostly go to Motor City Chrysler that's where I get my oil changes done and everything the customer service over there has improved quite a bit...I've been to other dealers here in Windsor not going to mention names but I was not treated correctly by an actual service manager and since then I have not been back there at all.

My vehicle was purchased @ Pinnacle and then it switched hands to the new owner

They treat me with loyalty and respect

When Im in the area next time Ill go see them its not a big deal everything else is fine

Im thinking when they did the oil change I always have them check the air filter and the cabin air filter they probably didn't properly seal the cabin air filter

Thanks again btw I greatly appreciate it.

I greatly appreciate the loyalty and time you take out of your life to help people like us thank you once again

• Official Dodge Support

That was great help DodgeCACares....it's great that you offer real help instead of many customer service representatives that just give a copy & paste of phone #'s and tell members to go to the dealer. Thank you! :)

Journey_SeXt,

You're welcome, I'm a firm believer in dissecting an issue and trying to find a credible solution rather than passing the buck so to speak.

But there are times where a visit to the dealer is the best option, I like to try and give you guys something in hand before sending you over though.

It can make those service visits that much easier!

• Official Dodge Support

@DodgeCACares I mostly go to Motor City Chrysler that's where I get my oil changes done and everything the customer service over there has improved quite a bit...I've been to other dealers here in Windsor not going to mention names but I was not treated correctly by an actual service manager and since then I have not been back there at all.

My vehicle was purchased @ Pinnacle and then it switched hands to the new owner

They treat me with loyalty and respect

When Im in the area next time Ill go see them its not a big deal everything else is fine

Im thinking when they did the oil change I always have them check the air filter and the cabin air filter they probably didn't properly seal the cabin air filter

Thanks again btw I greatly appreciate it.

I greatly appreciate the loyalty and time you take out of your life to help people like us thank you once again

Blackout,

I haven't heard to much about Motor City yet, but it looks like the overall experience there is improving under new ownership/management.

Having that feeling of being treated with respect and integrity are the building blocks of a good Customer/Dealer relationship.

Thanks for the recognition, Chrysler Canada as a whole puts the Customer first in an effort to offer the best in our products and the services that our Customers deserve.

Blackout,

I haven't heard to much about Motor City yet, but it looks like the overall experience there is improving under new ownership/management.

Having that feeling of being treated with respect and integrity are the building blocks of a good Customer/Dealer relationship.

Thanks for the recognition, Chrysler Canada as a whole puts the Customer first in an effort to offer the best in our products and the services that our Customers deserve.

Now, if we can only get lawmakers in Canada to pass the equivalent of the US's Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, things would be fine. As it currently stands, dealerships are generally okay with you modifying the vehicle, but if Chrysler Canada finds out you are using so much as a K&N they will void your ENTIRE CAR warranty. That just is not right.

I was once threatened to have my warranty dropped just because I asked a question on the maximum torque of the 62TE transmission. The rep freaked out and asked for my VIN to void my warranty. Just because I asked a question. No sane person can tell me that should be allowed to happen.

Wow are you serious Darkpaw thats insane man

The Journey RT AWD has a bit of horsepower the gas mileage is getting better compared to before it was horrible (Winter Time) Sucked

But besides that over all a good vehicle

I cant believe they would void warranty if you put in a simple K&N air filter?

Unbelievable!

Now, if we can only get lawmakers in Canada to pass the equivalent of the US's Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act, things would be fine. As it currently stands, dealerships are generally okay with you modifying the vehicle, but if Chrysler Canada finds out you are using so much as a K&N they will void your ENTIRE CAR warranty. That just is not right.

I was once threatened to have my warranty dropped just because I asked a question on the maximum torque of the 62TE transmission. The rep freaked out and asked for my VIN to void my warranty. Just because I asked a question. No sane person can tell me that should be allowed to happen.

Ha! WTF?!!! I would have punched that dude square in the throat! That's insane... Even if they void your warranty due to an aftermarket part in the states, they have to prove that your aftermarket part caused the issue and they can only void the warranty on the specific part that failed due to the accessory. Like I always say... There's nothing common about common sense.

• Official Dodge Support

Darkpaw,

Fortunately, this doesn't necessarily happen the way you've described warranties being "voided" but I'm glad you brought this up.

Your dealer doesn't have the capacity/authority to place a restriction on the warranty. Voiding a warranty is usually only having to do with tampering with the vehicle (odometer) or importing to another market.

The District Manager or Regional Rep. has the ability to put a restriction however this doesn't happen by simply asking questions or installing aftermarket components such as air filters etc.

It is important to note that if you modify your vehicle and it causes components covered under warranty to fail, the repairs may be customer pay. Also abuse or neglecting maintenance on your vehicle can cause a warranty to be restricted. Moreover, warranty restrictions simply mean your dealer will have to discuss any repairs with the Regional Rep. before completing to determine the coverage.

I can't speak for other manufacturers, either automotive related or other however the "Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act" wouldn't apply to all manufacturers in Canada.

But I am glad you brought this point up as it allows for clarification and a more accurate explanation of how vehicle warranties apply for Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep/Ram owners.

Below I've attached a page from the warranty booklet which speaks a bit more in detail about warranty.

Cheers !

post-6208-0-88134600-1398348509_thumb.jp

I would like to add that occasionally Chrysler has been known to repair beyond the warranty period, as was the case with my 1990 Min Van. The air conditioner failed at 6,000 km's over the warranty period. Unbeknownst to me this was a known problem and the service manager pleaded my case with the regional rep. Chrysler paid the whole shot because I faithfully followed the maintenance schedule, the importance of which DodgeCACares points out. The result of the service manager's assistance was my purchasing 5 more vehicles in subsequent years from this particular dealer.

Edited by rolly

• Official Dodge Support

I would like to add that occasionally Chrysler has been known to repair beyond the warranty period, as was the case with my 1990 Min Van. The air conditioner failed at 6,000 km's over the warranty period. Unbeknownst to me this was a known problem and the service manager pleaded my case with the regional rep. Chrysler paid the whole shot because I faithfully followed the maintenance schedule, the importance of which DodgeCACares points out. The result of the service manager's assistance was my purchasing 5 more vehicles in subsequent years from this particular dealer.

rolly,

Thank you for sharing.

This is a great example of how following the maintenance schedules and being a responsible vehicle owner can be advantageous.

I know most people don't read the warranty booklets but it really helps in understanding warranty parameters and policy.

Chrysler Canada recognizes the importance Customer loyalty through good Customer Care and assistance when needed.

Take care rolly! :)