INTERIOR LIGHTING WHEN SWITCHED OFF

adolfusas

When we turn off the engine, normally (other cars) the interior lights are on untill we open the door, get off from the car, close the door and lock the door.

But my dodge journey's not like that and i find it awkward as im used to with that kind of thing, so that we can take all of our belongings out of the car. But now, when i switch off the engine, the interior light doesnt turn on and i wont be able to see my belongings in the car that i want to take out with me:(

Does anyone have a clue perhaps there're some settings that i need to adjust?

In the manual you will find directions for adjusting the delay off for the interior lighting. Does yours have the EVIC? (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) If so, you can easily enter that program and make the adjustments you require, otherwise the book has the details for doing it the hard way.

In the manual you will find directions for adjusting the delay off for the interior lighting. Does yours have the EVIC? (Electronic Vehicle Information Center) If so, you can easily enter that program and make the adjustments you require, otherwise the book has the details for doing it the hard way.

Thanks for the reply, but in the book i couldnt find any way to adjust the time delay for the interior lighting when the engine is switched off:(

do you know how?

• 2 months later...

Also in the EVIC menu, doesnt say INTERIOR DELAY, instead it has the HEADLIGHT (outside) DELAY light....does anyone know how to adjust the interior delay time? Does anyone's JOURNEY interior light turn ON when we turn off the Engine?? if so, how did you do it....?? Mine doesnt :( And its a bit annoying because when we turn off the engine and ready to get off from the car, i need to take all the stuff in the car out but the light doesnt turn ON so its hard to see all the stuff in the car that i want to take with me....:(

Also in the EVIC menu, doesnt say INTERIOR DELAY, instead it has the HEADLIGHT (outside) DELAY light....does anyone know how to adjust the interior delay time? Does anyone's JOURNEY interior light turn ON when we turn off the Engine?? if so, how did you do it....?? Mine doesnt :( And its a bit annoying because when we turn off the engine and ready to get off from the car, i need to take all the stuff in the car out but the light doesnt turn ON so its hard to see all the stuff in the car that i want to take with me....:(

To get the interior light to turn on you have to twist the interior dimmer light control on step from the off-mode.

Its located on the headlights lever to the left of the steering wheel.

(Be ware thought that if someone has manually turned on the interior lights they will remain lit even after the car is locked).

Edit: Found in the manual that it WILL turn off to save battery. But it takes ten minutes.

/Andreas

To get the interior light to turn on you have to twist the interior dimmer light control on step from the off-mode.

Its located on the headlights lever to the left of the steering wheel.

(Be ware thought that if someone has manually turned on the interior lights they will remain lit even after the car is locked).

/Andreas

Thanks, i know about the interior dimmer light control. BUT, if we do this, we have to turn it off ourselves right....it doesnt turn off automatically when the car is locked yea?

I want something thats automatically turns off when the car is locked...:( does anyone know it?

Mine turns off automatically when locked - although I think there is a delay of about 30 seconds.

(It doesn't turn off if it's in the last dimmer mode - always on. Although If I read the manual correctly I think that it does turn off in this mode as well - only it takes 10 minutes).

Ours turns off after a short delay. Even if you change your dimmer switch to always on, it will shut off on it's own.

It doesn't matter whether the car is locked or not, even if the doors are open, the light will shut off eventually. It's kind of like watching water boil, it may seem like an eternity, but it will happen.

I am pretty new to my R/T but I have my knob turned to AUTO so the headlights come on and off automatically when needed and this has made it so that my interior lights also come on when I start the car or turn it off. Hope this helps, they do fade after a minute or so.