Thats a good one!! I got a good laugh from that.....Thanks. But no I honestly haven't seen it yet but I do occasionally smell it when walking past people in a store.

Wow, I forgot about that. I think I'll second your nomination of the Journey meet up in Colorado! Pass the munchies!!!!

• 9 months later...

Hello Walter, i just got myself a DJ and want to upgrade also my spks and if possible install an amp, mine has the 4.3 uconnect, wondering if you have done all the upgrade and what did you get ? thanks.

I tapped into the back door speaker wires with a inline converter. That turns the high singal output to low level output which allowed me to add rcas and a Jl 1200/1 v3 amp and a 12 inch JL W7 in the back.

I tapped into the back door speaker wires with a inline converter. That turns the high singal output to low level output which allowed me to add rcas and a Jl 1200/1 v3 amp and a 12 inch JL W7 in the back.

This is what I will do when I get to mine... Make sure to use a quality LOC. They will be a little more expensive, but the price will be worth the extra features and ease of install.

• 4 weeks later...

i am not sure if i would like to have a 3 way, but i have seen this 6x9 component that i really like,,http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CSS694/Kicker-40CSS694.html?tp=106 but when i select my car it says that it does not fit my vehicle, but it could be because of the tweeters, but as long as the speaker fits the tweeter would go up on those plastic covers for the mirror bolts and also there is the other kicker upgrade for charger, but i am not sure if the tweeters will be the same as the journey, has anyone installed these ? http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_charger/Mopar-OEM-Dodge-Charger-Kicker-Base-System-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-PRD37600.aspx

i am not sure if i would like to have a 3 way, but i have seen this 6x9 component that i really like,,http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064CSS694/Kicker-40CSS694.html?tp=106 but when i select my car it says that it does not fit my vehicle, but it could be because of the tweeters, but as long as the speaker fits the tweeter would go up on those plastic covers for the mirror bolts and also there is the other kicker upgrade for charger, but i am not sure if the tweeters will be the same as the journey, has anyone installed these ? http://www.autotrucktoys.com/dodge_charger/Mopar-OEM-Dodge-Charger-Kicker-Base-System-Speaker-Upgrade-Kit-PRD37600.aspx

Crutchfield doesn't account for the tweeter separates when telling you if it fits the vehicle, just the mid driver. It is likely the mounting depth (magnet size) of the 6x9 that prevents it from fitting. You could probably build a ring made of MDF or something that brings it away from the door and reduces the mounting depth enough for it to fit. Personally, I would go with a round speaker to get better sound, especially if you are going with components. A 6.5" speaker should get you better mids than the 6x9 will...

Edited by Lobitz68

There are too many threads on this subject, so here I go again! I switched all my door speakers to 2-way Alpines, because they provided the most bass. I just added Alpine tweeters with inline crossovers to my dash. All are 4 ohm, 150w RMS, 200w max. I added an 8" Kicker underseat sub mounted in a ported enclosure with a 150w amp. The amp runs on 15a so it is tied into the power line to the radio. I just found an Alpine amp, called a Brick amp because it is shaped like a brick and will fit behind the radio. I have threads on all of this; just joining in on the conversation.

• 1 year later...

How are you guys tapping into the rear speaker, or any speaker location for that matter? I have a 2016 and the speaker wires travel threw the door jam using a clip connector. I really want to run brand new speaker wires from kicker amps to all door locations but cannot figure out how to get the speaker wires threw. Anyone have any input? And if you guys are using just the factory wires to tap in to add LOC's and/or audio processors, where and how are you finding the correct color coded wires from the factory radio to speaker door locations? I haven't found any luck finding the correct wiring diagram for 2016 Journey Crossroad. 

Can anyone shed some light on this...?

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Desandjana Sickels said:

I have a 2013 Journey rear speakers are not working what do I do. Speaker cluster on the audio part is adjusted to Center

Pull the panels off and make sure they are plugged in. Pull the radio out and make sure the connectors are seated. For starters. 

Edited by jkeaton