2014 Dodge Journey Daytime Running Lights

1 hour ago, RICKL210 said:

Hellllppppppp

If you read the posts in this thread, you will see that the dealer needs to add the sales code to enable the DRL's, even though you have the settings. As of the last update, the sales code is not available. No need to scream "helllllppppp". There is currently nothing that can be done.

On 9/13/2016 at 6:41 PM, Journeyman425 said:

I checked just this past Friday...still no sales code. I look about once a month. I will update you all if and when I have the ability to do this again.

Thanks i was at the dealership getting some work done and asked them to check on the drls and they said it wasnt equiped lol ill wait patiently 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 9/28/2016 at 9:16 PM, Journeyman425 said:

Still no LMK as of 9/28

How about now? Last update was 9/28 :-)

Can you at check the VIN of the Journey I'm about to buy this weekend? I'd like to know if it will have DRL. If you can't or don't have time, that's okay.

Edited by New2me
remove vin

31 minutes ago, New2me said:

How about now? Last update was 9/28 :-)

Can you at check the VIN of the Journey I'm about to buy this weekend? I'd like to know if it will have DRL. If you can't or don't have time, that's okay.

VIN is 3C4PDCDG2DT556105

why not ask the dealer to show you if it has drl or not????????????

2 hours ago, Journeyman425 said:

This is the thread where I post updates. Currently unavailable.

I am a little confused. Earlier in the thread it appeared that adding the code didn't work for 2014+ Journeys but DID work for 09-13.

The vehicle I will purchase is a '13. I'm not sure I want to buy a vehicle with no DRL and no way to configure the option. So, I'm just doing my research before I commit. I'm sorry if I'm being frustrating or obtuse. I assure you, I'm no dummy. I've just never come across anything like this before.

Thank you.

I checked the VIN that you supplied - this is a 2013 Journey Crew, White, front wheel drive. If you haven't already, please check Carfax - this VIN has a warranty restriction from the factory, which tells me that at some point it was declared a total loss.

It does not have DRL enabled. I will explain further about the sales code when I have a chance. Just wanted to get this out to you before I get busy for the day.

1 hour ago, Journeyman425 said:

I checked the VIN that you supplied - this is a 2013 Journey Crew, White, front wheel drive. If you haven't already, please check Carfax - this VIN has a warranty restriction from the factory, which tells me that at some point it was declared a total loss.

It does not have DRL enabled. I will explain further about the sales code when I have a chance. Just wanted to get this out to you before I get busy for the day.

Hi. Thank you for checking the vin for the sales code.

Yes, I am aware that this Journey has a total loss on it's record and that it has a rebuilt Michigan title. Thank you for looking out for me!!!

I guess, since we are on the subject, you might know the answer to my other two questions...

1) on a total loss vehicle, rebuilt for road use, do RECALL fixes still apply? There is one on this vehicle from 2015 that was never completed as that is when the collision occurred. I am hoping I can still take this vehicle in for service on the recall.

2) Will a dealership service center still service this vehicle for me or will they run away screaming and make me do it myself?

Thanks!!! You are very helpful!

15 minutes ago, jkeaton said:

Those would be questions to ask the dealer.

Okay. I'm sorry.

I don't have a dealer yet and I thought maybe the journeyman425 might know becausehe works for one.

I will just call a nearby dealership and ask.

Again, I'm sorry. I seem to be asking all the wrong things and ruffling feathers. Definitely not my intent. 

27 minutes ago, New2me said:

Okay. I'm sorry.

I don't have a dealer yet and I thought maybe the journeyman425 might know becausehe works for one.

Again, I'm sorry. I seem to be asking all the wrong things and ruffling feathers. Definitely not my intent. 

a quick google brought this up, it doesn't say anything about recalls  but you could google it more intense then i did......Salvage title: If your car was in a severe accident and was given a salvage title or declared a total loss, your entire warranty is voided. Unknowingly buying a salvaged car isn't an issue with certified pre-owned vehicles, but keep this in mind if you are looking to purchase a late-model used car from a private party or independent used car lot. If you are unsure about a car's past, we suggest getting a vehicle history report.

27 minutes ago, 2late4u said:

a quick google brought this up, it doesn't say anything about recalls  but you could google it more intense then i did......Salvage title: If your car was in a severe accident and was given a salvage title or declared a total loss, your entire warranty is voided. Unknowingly buying a salvaged car isn't an issue with certified pre-owned vehicles, but keep this in mind if you are looking to purchase a late-model used car from a private party or independent used car lot. If you are unsure about a car's past, we suggest getting a vehicle history report.

Thank you so much for the response :-)

I did find that too. I knew it would void the warranty completely. Unfortunately, nothing I have found actually clarifies the entire issue.

I am just unsure whether it voids the recalls or not, because recalls are a safety thing and applies to many vehicles out of warranty. I will call a dealership or ChryslerCares after work today - hopefully someone will know.

6 hours ago, New2me said:

Okay. I'm sorry.

No feathers ruffled here. This forum is where you go to ask questions and get answers. We're here to help!

This is copied from my Warranty Administration manual:

"Vehicles with a Restricted Warranty Guidelines

Published 01/10/2011 04:44 PM   |    Updated 03/26/2015 03:07 PM   |    Answer ID 1867

What does it mean when a customers Basic Limited Warranty is restricted?

FCA US will restrict all or part of a vehicle's eligibility for warranty service when we believe that the vehicle has been so extensively damaged or modified that it cannot be repaired to conform to our manufacturing standards.

These vehicles when sold at auction or through FCA US, will have a disclosure statement indicating the warranty has been restricted and the condition, which caused the restriction.

We will also restrict all or part of a vehicle's eligibility for warranty service when we discover that the vehicle has a salvage title or was an insurance company write-off, based on vehicle registration information received from approved other sources.

We may also restrict the warranty on a vehicle that is not manufactured for the country in which it is sold, or which is exported in violation of FCA US policy.

We may also restrict repairs on certain components i.e. engine/transmission, etc.

YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED for any repairs performed on a restricted vehicle or component when the repairs made were within the scope of the restriction.

CHRYSLER WILL REIMBURSE you to perform any open safety recall campaigns and to replace an emission component on a restricted vehicle, provided the cause of the failure IS DUE TO A DEFECT IN MATERIAL, WORKMANSHIP, OR FACTORY PREPARATION THAT CAUSES THE VEHICLE TO FAIL TO COMPLY WITH EMISSIONS STANDARDS."

My interpretation of this is that a recall claim will still be paid to a dealer despite a complete warranty restriction. Just to clarify, I made a specific inquiry about the one outstanding recall - R61- which is open on the Journey that you wish to purchase. When I receive a response, I will confirm that this information is correct.

There are two ways you can proceed with this outstanding recall: 1) Contact FCA once you have taken delivery of the car, and contact the recall department and have them put you in touch with a local dealer to schedule the recall work. This is usually done in a three way call between FCA, yourself and the dealer they contact. With you on the phone, they will confirm that a dealer will accept the work and schedule your appointment.  2) If the ABS light is not illuminated, simply drive the car. The recall involves sealing an eyelet ground connection which has the potential to wick moisture into the wiring and subsequently into the ABS module which could cause it to malfunction. This may never happen. If it does and the cause is due to the condition outlined in the recall, then have the recall done. They never expire and remain in force as long as the car is on the road regardless of time and mileage.

Whether a dealer will service your car due to the warranty restriction is their discretion. It shouldn't matter since you, the customer are responsible for  any and all charges. We don't turn away vehicles due to a warranty restriction, but that is our policy and it may differ from dealer to dealer.

Thank you for that, Journeyman425! I called the nearest dealership and he said he'd be happy to work on the vehicle regardless of title status. He wasn't sure if the recall would be valid but said if he runs the vin he'll know. I didn't have the vin on hand and he wasn't sure because he hadn't come across the situation. Your answer really helped me.  I'm now reasonably reassured that if I need it he can do it. He said they'd be happy to ro maintenance and any service I need, which makes me feel better.

I guess then I'll just have to stop wanting drls and just pop my headlights on manually when needed. All of your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

• 1 month later...

My dealer refused to activate them with an out of state location code. (Said it would void the warranty and if he changed it it could come back down on him)

Would you be able to help me out with the DRL's?

My VIN is 3c4pdddg3et278886

2014 52k

Assuming he could add the sales code it would certainly not void the warranty.  I don't believe (but I could be wrong) that they have any clue of vehicle's home state (beyond Cali emission compliance requirements) though they do know the country of delivery.

5 hours ago, ManyPearTrwe said:

My dealer refused to activate them with an out of state location code. (Said it would void the warranty and if he changed it it could come back down on him)

Would you be able to help me out with the DRL's?

My VIN is 3c4pdddg3et278886

2014 52k

I rechecked this evening as per your request, but sales code LMK is still absent from my list of available sales codes to add. I have a feeling that it will not be back...it's gone much longer this time around than the last time it was removed.

There is no such thing as voiding a warranty due to the addition of a sales code. Your warranty cannot be legally voided for this reason. 

From the Warranty Policy Manual:

FCA US will restrict all or part of a vehicle's eligibility for warranty service when we believe that the vehicle has been so extensively damaged or modified that it cannot be repaired to conform to our manufacturing standards.

These vehicles when sold at auction or through FCA US, will have a disclosure statement indicating the warranty has been restricted and the condition, which caused the restriction.

We will also restrict all or part of a vehicle's eligibility for warranty service when we discover that the vehicle has a salvage title or was an insurance company write-off, based on vehicle registration information received from approved other sources.

We may also restrict the warranty on a vehicle that is not manufactured for the country in which it is sold, or which is exported in violation of FCA US policy.

We may also restrict repairs on certain components i.e. engine/transmission, etc.

50 minutes ago, bramfrank said:

Assuming he could add the sales code it would certainly not void the warranty.  I don't believe (but I could be wrong) that they have any clue of vehicle's home state (beyond Cali emission compliance requirements) though they do know the country of delivery.

The state in which the vehicle was sold is disclosed on the Vehicle Information Plus report that all dealers use to determine all information about a particular FCA vehicle. I run a VIP every time a member here requests a sales code addition to make sure that it has not been already added. But the New Vehicle Warranty on U.S. retail sale vehicles is valid in all 50 States regardless of the state it was sold in.

• 2 years later...

Hi Mr. Journeyman. I'm new to the forum. I'm from New Zealand and I have a 2016 dodge journey which has the on/off option for drl in uconnect. Told the dealer about it and said that it is not equipped. I've read the thread and it said about a sales code to activate it? Are you kindly able to check for me if my journey comes equipped with it? Last eight of VIN is ET157400 and mileage is around 48,000km. Greatly appreciate it. I mean I'm just annoyed that the option is there in the first place and why does it have to be deactivated you know hehe but thanks. Wait for your reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Journeyman425,

I'm having the same problem with my pre-owned DJ, purchased last year. I have taken it to several different dealers and they seem to not know about sales code for activating the DRL's. Do you think you can help me with this matter?

Last 8 of the VIN: FT687128

Miles driven: 69-70k

Thanks a lot!