2013 Journey 2.4L Oil cooler

mjtdk96

I have a 2013 Journey with 2.4 L been trying to get the engine oil cooler kit to install for extra cooling for towing. had an 07 Jeep Patriot with 2.4 L and had not problem getting the engine oil cooler kit to install. Local dodge dealer says there is not Kit for the journey B/S of course as dodge does show the kit. tried to order it got part of the kit but the rest was canceled ( could not get the hoses ) anyone know where I can get upper and lower radiator hoses for this application.

Be careful it may affect your warranty. I ordered the tow package on our Journey but we have the 3.6. In Canada we can't order the tow package on the 2.4. What are you going to tow? With the 3.6 engine and the towing package our towing capacity is 2500 pounds.

• Official Dodge Support

Be careful it may affect your warranty. I ordered the tow package on our Journey but we have the 3.6. In Canada we can't order the tow package on the 2.4. What are you going to tow? With the 3.6 engine and the towing package our towing capacity is 2500 pounds.

rolly,

I haven't been able to confirm the unavailability for 2.4L but you're right, it's important to be cautious about staying within the guidelines of the towing capacity. I've seen so many horror stories where Customers slap on coolers and try and to tow a 50' boat and have it overheat a few miles down the road. The DJ is great but it's not built to tow certain things even with the cooler installed.

Sometimes it's hard to remember that considering the powerful 3.6L under the hood.lol

@mjtdk96, What did your dealer tell you exactly about the hoses. Is it the case where they just simply aren't manufactured or they were on back order?

Below is what they emailed me about the order. The dealer is in North Carolina and I have not tried to call them again. I know the towing limits of my vehicles would and never have over loaded any of them.

We are sorry for the inconvenience but the parts that you have ordered is either back ordered or no longer available. We will email with any parts update that comes available for the part or parts you have ordered, when this information comes available . We are refunding the order and canceling this order.