How to reset oil change message in EVIC

Canadian Paul

Easy to clear that message from the EVIC:

Place ignition to "ON" ; DO NOT start the car. If you have a key, just turn it to the "ON" position, if you have the keyless ignition, press the Start button without putting your foot on the brake

Pump the accelerator pedal three times rapidly to the floor; it must be reasonably quick (within a few seconds) and it must go all the way to the floor all three times

Done.

That resets the EVIC warning.

For any other questions about your vehicle you can also refer to your owners manual that I am posting in this link. http://www.autodealertools.com/quickQuote/manuals/2011/Journey.pdf

Not to beat a dead horse, but it amazes me how many people ignore the manual in their glovebox.....it comes in handy in so many ways...my wife used to constantly ask "how does this work?", "what does this do?"....even though I normally knew the answer, I would tell her to look it up in the manual....I think I got her trained now, but it is often overlooked..... Thanks for the link....someone may buy a used DJ without an owners manual

Edited by jkeaton

Actually, my Journey (brand new) didn't come with the owners manual but it did come with a quick reference guide and CD but not as detailed as the owners manual. That's why i provide the link for others so they know they are not SOL. People in their spare time should try to thumb through the pages as they would be amazed how much they will discover about the vehicle.

Edited by Journey_SeXT