Anyone have 245/55/19's ?

hqinusa

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm thinking about getting 245/55/19 tires ordered. It's actually the cheapest/best deal I can find for tires out of all the sizes that fit. They are the Firestone Destination LE2. They are rated very highly; ranked #2 on TireRack. They just don't look as cool as other tires :). Can get them for $590 with free shipping.

DragonSlayer, so that size doesn't rub at all when turning or going over bumps?

I'm thinking about getting 245/55/19 tires ordered. It's actually the cheapest/best deal I can find for tires out of all the sizes that fit. They are the Firestone Destination LE2. They are rated very highly; ranked #2 on TireRack. They just don't look as cool as other tires :). Can get them for $590 with free shipping.

I paid almost double for my Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus 255/50R19s. Wow, that is a good deal! I have had no rub issues with mine.

I paid almost double for my Bridgestone Dueler HL Alenza Plus 255/50R19s. Wow, that is a good deal! I have had no rub issues with mine.

Yeah, it's amazing how much cheaper tires are online at Discount Tire (or sometimes Tire Rack). I always use Tire Rack to research the tire quality; then normally order at Discount Tire since it's cheaper there.

• 3 months later...

No rubbing.

P255/50R19 Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza Plus. Absolutely no rubbing. Maxed out for diameter because I can not get my index finger between the top of the front tires and the bottom spring plates on the struts. Maybe a little wider, next time.

With%20New%20Tires_zpsr001voae.jpg

IMG_0451_zps6154ee8d.jpg

Edited by dhh3

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

I have the Michelin Premier LTX at 245 55 19. The specs say 10" tire width but on the Crossroad 7" wheel, they come out at 9 5/8" wide. The diameter is 29.6". No issue but I intentionally bent upward on the bottom plate of the strut. I bent it up about 1/2" to get more clearance. It would have been tight in the front if I hadn't but would fit.

Ideally, I would have wanted about slightly over 10" wide tires but I balanced that with tire weight and how that would negatively affect the breaking, mpg, turning ease etc ... 

They are expensive but it improved everything related to ride, the orig. tires had 42K miles, with increased noise and roughness so I can't fairly compare to new orig tires. The new ones are super quiet, smooth, better breaking, really nice.

just thought i throw out there that discount Tire online is offering extra discounts on their tires for the 4th of July sale they do it for all the holidays so if you need tires i bought my last set from them and i was impressed that they were delivered withing 5 days of when i ordered them and i checked the manufacture date on them and they had just been made a month before i bought them.  you pay full price but they are offering 2 mail in rebates and if you apply and use their credit card its an extra $60. off the price, i didnt get the tire warranty but that is up to you if you want it.... and on our big size tires (19 inch) they will save you a lot of money

that is the size i bought also from discount tire. dont forget the extra $60 for using their credit card only took a few minutes answering their question and was approved right away no big deal applying for it...i have about 28k on mine and they still look great not even half way used up...

• 2 months later...