Special order, got my first email confirmation!

Yes, I did. My last years there were in Quality and Resident Engineering. Several Q.E. that worked for me, had to go to different assembly plants, or into Chrysler Zone areas. Steve Powell worked for me, Magnus Lane, Robert James, Walter Bone. I was Quality Engineering Supervisor in Plant 2, and them moved back to the main plant near the airport, and reported to Pete Walker.

Here's the latest, Ray -

Current .. Train Arrival 11/06/2014 05:15 AM EST On Railcar - North Little Rock, AR Future .. Railcar - Interchanged 11/06/2014 09:57 PM EST Memphis, TN .. Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/10/2014 07:10 PM EST Nashville, TN .. Unloaded From Railcar 11/11/2014 02:10 AM EST Nashville, TN

Journeyman425, what is the normal waiting time for dealers to prep new vehicles for release? Do they have to load the navigation, and other radio info, or is that done at the assembly plant level. When I visited Toluca, in 2004, and 2005, radios did not include nav.

The actual new car prep itself is about an hour in the shop. Navigation maps are pre-loaded and do not require any dealer configuration. You will customize it with favorite routes and your home address once you take delivery. Sirius XM Satellite Radio is free for the first year and is activated by the dealership. They may offer to pair your phone for you at delivery, and that is a very simple process with the Journey. How long it takes to deliver the car to you once it arrives at your dealership will depend upon their schedule and if any accessories are being installed (i.e. splash guards, side steps, etc. ) They'll want to deliver it to you as quickly as possible (most dealerships want the car delivered before anything can happen which might jeopardize the actual sale) especially if it is a factory order, like yours.

You're right about navigation back in '04 and '05. The PT Cruiser was built in Toluca but did not offer navigation. In 2004, the 300M was available with it but they were produced in Brampton, Ontario. It was available on the Pacifica as well which was made in Windsor.

Twelve years ago this month, Chrysler introduced its first factory nav radio, the RB1 (debuting first in the 2004 Grand Cherokee). It was also offered as a Mopar accessory to fit most 2002-2003 models, and could be easily retrofitted to pre-2002 models. Nav radios have sure come a long way!

Will do Journeyman425. You don't know how much I thank you. It's has been a long road. I read all your posts and the info you post on all issues really bring the Dodge Journey member a tremendous service. My hats off to you, and I say thanks to you, again. It's very confronting knowing that people like you go out of their way to keep new buyers informed, and to resolve issues that pop up with Dodge products. I'm sure I'll be reading more news from you. Have a great TURKEY day, and a very Happy Safe Merry Christmas to you, and of course your family. I will post pictures, very soon.

Will do Journeyman425. You don't know how much I thank you. It's has been a long road. I read all your posts and the info you post on all issues really bring the Dodge Journey member a tremendous service. My hats off to you, and I say thanks to you, again. It's very confronting knowing that people like you go out of their way to keep new buyers informed, and to resolve issues that pop up with Dodge products. I'm sure I'll be reading more news from you. Have a great TURKEY day, and a very Happy Safe Merry Christmas to you, and of course your family. I will post pictures, very soon.

I agree!!! Enjoy your Journey.

Thank you, Ray. Your words are too kind indeed! I love my DJ and my position at the dealership gives me access to factual information that I feel can be helpful and should be shared. Thank YOU for all of your services at Chrysler Engineering. I bet a lot of us here on the Board have benefitted in some way from your contributions over the years, too. Enjoy tomorrow!

Picked her up today! WOW. What a vehicle... Will try and have pictures, tomorrow. Only drove her home, didn't want to spend much time trying to program this and program that, in the dark, while driving. . Looking forward to tomorrow. Special thanks again to Journeyman 425!

What a fun SUV to drive! Pictures

What is the DJ? SUV or Crossover? Dodge considers it a Truck; my insurances considers it a Sport Wagon!

Since it is based on the Avenger Chassis, I would think that it would be a Crossover.

What a fun SUV to drive!

You know, Ray - I was thinking just today how we haven't heard a peep from you since you took delivery. Thinking that you were just having way too much fun driving your new Crossroad to be posting here on the DJ Forum. Beautiful car! Aren't you just a little bit more proud of your engineering peers at Chrysler after having spent some time behind the wheel of this wonderful car?

Dhh3 - the DJ is designated by Chrysler as a Crossover as it is built off of a passenger car platform. You and bigtsr are correct.