Special order, got my first email confirmation!

I ordered a new 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad on Set. 25, 2014. My vin number is 3C4PDDGG8FT578680. Can you find out the status of it? Thanks

When I go to this web site, all I get is Dodge.com. Is there some section in this website that I should go to to input my Journey vin# and get build status? Thanks

I posted your status in another thread...

Try: https://www.jeep.com/vots/index.html

(they have been having issues with the VOTS system so not sure if it will bring up your info or not).

The site that I use is proprietary to Chrysler dealers. You will have to use the VOTS system to check your status. Unfortunately, it is not as detailed but at least you can follow it on your own. I've been checking your status almost daily. I think one of our members here sent you a link to the VOTS site from the Jeep webpage . I tried it and it worked.

Ray - I tried the VOTS system again tonight with a VIN and name of a customer who has a Jeep on order from us and it came back with this message:

"Dear customer, the VOTS website is undergoing some remodeling and is currently unavailable. We apologize for the inconvenience, if you have an inquiry about your order please contact your dealer directly. We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience as we work around the clock to improve our services."

So...with that, I checked your status again thru DealerConnect and you are still D1, but it also still shows a projected date of 10/28 to have your Journey loaded on a railcar out of Toluca, which tells me that you'll probably be built this weekend, maybe Friday. I'll post as soon as that updates.

I know you are very busy, but can you get a update on my 2015 Dodge Journey Crossroad? Heard from you last week, and you said it might be built this week or weekend, and then put on a truck (maybe the 28th). After trucking about how long is it before it gets to the dealer. Mines supposed to come to Huntsville, Al.. Thanks.

It's all good, Ray. I checked my status every single day from order to the day it rolled past my office on the truck. I just checked again...status unchanged. Watch for updates this weekend from me.

The dealership name that is listed is Lander-Mclarty Chrysler Dodge in Huntsville, which matches your post. As of now, it goes from Toluca to Laredo, Texas, then Memphis to Nashville. Tentatively scheduled to be unloaded from the railcar in Nashville on 11/08. It will presumably be trucked from there to Huntsville, but none of that has been posted yet. And remember, these are tentative dates which usually swing a day or two here and there along the way. Mine was built on 4/25 but did not make it to my store in NY until 5/15. Sat in a yard in NJ for a week which killed me. Yours *should* get to you quicker since you are a lot closer to the plant than I. I'll be watching!

Guess what, Ray? At 2:47 PM Central time today, your Journey became reality! Still showing shipment of 10/28 and *tentative* delivery to your dealer by 11/18. I'll watch that date for changes. Mine varied a few days back and forth before actual delivery. You'll probably be driving it in about a month. It'll be the longest month of your life! :) Start pacing...

Thanks, Journeyman425! This is great news. I feel like a little child waiting for Christmas. I feel better that it's finally built. I've walked the floors, and out in my pastures, trying to quit worrying about it. This mornings walk will feel so much better. am waiting, excited. Thanks again!

pretty sure once it is on the car you lose traceability of your vehicle...

Au contraire - the expected rail shipments are available to dealers. They are not always updated in a timely fashion but give an idea of a vehicle's progress. Ray's Journey departed Villa de Reyes today and is due into Laredo on 11/2. Here's the expected movement:

Future .. Railcar - Interchanged 11/02/2014 09:03 AM EST Laredo, TX ..

Railcar - Interchanged 11/07/2014 05:03 PM EST Memphis, TN ..

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/09/2014 11:10 PM EST Nashville, TN ..

Unloaded From Railcar 11/10/2014 06:10 AM EST Nashville, TN ..

Edited by Journeyman425

Au contraire - the expected rail shipments are available to dealers. They are not always updated in a timely fashion but give an idea of a vehicle's progress. Ray's Journey departed Villa de Reyes today and is due into Laredo on 11/2. Here's the expected movement:

Future .. Railcar - Interchanged 11/02/2014 09:03 AM EST Laredo, TX ..

Railcar - Interchanged 11/07/2014 05:03 PM EST Memphis, TN ..

Railcar Placed at Destination Facility 11/09/2014 11:10 PM EST Nashville, TN ..

Unloaded From Railcar 11/10/2014 06:10 AM EST Nashville, TN ..

Expected delivery, but there is no real time data, correct? You can't look it up and find out that it is in a certain city or anything like that, can you? My understanding of the rail system, in general, is that it is highly unpredictable at best... partially due to large number of users and limited tracks.

Expected delivery, but there is no real time data, correct? You can't look it up and find out that it is in a certain city or anything like that, can you? My understanding of the rail system, in general, is that it is highly unpredictable at best... partially due to large number of users and limited tracks.

I wouldn't say real time data, but when they update the status it posts the city and time of update. Ray's Journey became a US Citizen today, as shown by this update:

Current .. Interchange Received 11/01/2014 02:57 PM EDT On Railcar - Laredo, TX

You can't look it up and find out that it is in a certain city or anything like that, can you?

Yes, with the railcar number you can track it every step of the way via the UP railway tracking system.

Your railcar # is TTGX 978629

Call 800-877-5123, "1" for english when prompted, then say 'trace' when given the three options. When asked for the number, wait for break of silence after lady is speaking and then use voice and say "T-T-G-X-9-7-8-6-2-9" slowly and clearly. Do not use the option to just enter the numbers only on your keypad as it will not work.

Edited by Milous