left rear exhaust water leak

ecates

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I was just about to ask the same question, thank goodness for this forum. Perhaps though a moderator could fix the spelling of EXUST (Exhaust) in the thread title, that way it would make it easier to find using the search function :)

Excellent idea. That's one ability I do have. Lol Edited by jkeaton

• 1 year later...

Both mufflers on my 2015 Journey 3.6 drain at least a cup of water a day.  I'm in the desert with low humidity and I've never had a vehicle that left a puddle like this before.  Thanks for the responses.  My Jeep Grand Cherokee parked next to Journey in garage with same engine:  zero.

2 hours ago, LVLG said:

Both mufflers on my 2015 Journey 3.6 drain at least a cup of water a day.  I'm in the desert with low humidity and I've never had a vehicle that left a puddle like this before.  Thanks for the responses.  My Jeep Grand Cherokee parked next to Journey in garage with same engine:  zero.

Normal. 

We see water draining from 3.6 Grand Cherokees at my shop as well, but the exhaust is routed differently and drains elsewhere besides the rear mufflers. Nothing to worry about at all with yours. As long as the engine light is out, then the engine is performing within specs and emissions levels are where they should be.

• 1 year later...
12 hours ago, rossco said:

It's not just condensation. The catalyst/s turn harmful gases into water and other less harmful gases like co2 in the catalysing process.  So even in zero humidity you'll get water of some amount. 

Word. If people would only educate themselves just a little bit on how emission controls function.