2010 Journey

gdriley59

I have a 2010 Journey SXT w/3.5 V6 and want to tow with it. Does anyone know what would have been included in the original towing package other than a hitch and lighting setup. I would like to make sure it is setup correctly before I start. It does not have a hitch so I am assuming it is not setup for towing. Thanks if you can help

It depends on how heavy of a load your wanting to tow but I also have a 2010 Journey and it cant tow to much of a load anyways so I would think all you would need is a hitch and lights set up. I put a hitch on mine but I only use it for one of those outside metal baskets cause there isnt much room inside when you have the 7 passenger set up.

I have a 2010 Journey SXT w/3.5 V6 and want to tow with it. Does anyone know what would have been included in the original towing package other than a hitch and lighting setup. I would like to make sure it is setup correctly before I start. It does not have a hitch so I am assuming it is not setup for towing. Thanks if you can help

If your Journey has the towing package, it would have the oil cooler and the wiring harness. If you're not sure if your Journey has the towing package you can ask DodgeCares to look it up for you. You need to provide your VIN#. I believe the 2010 Journey with the 3.5 is rated at maximum 3500 pounds towing capacity. By the way you need five posts to PM DodgeCares, but if you post your VIN# number here, he should be able to answer on the forum.

• Official Dodge Support

If your Journey has the towing package, it would have the oil cooler and the wiring harness. If you're not sure if your Journey has the towing package you can ask DodgeCares to look it up for you. You need to provide your VIN#. I believe the 2010 Journey with the 3.5 is rated at maximum 3500 pounds towing capacity. By the way you need five posts to PM DodgeCares, but if you post your VIN# number here, he should be able to answer on the forum.

Thanks!

@gdriley59, please send me a PM with your VIN so I can take a look for you, thank you.