Track time or song title not showing on bluetooth connection

2013 sxt Journey
When I first Got the car it was showing the showing the song title and the track time. Now I've had the car since late Jan. early Feb. One day it just stopped showing both and I haven't been able to get it to show up any one had this problem?
Or should I just report to the dealer

Same here. Over BT, on the 8.4, you can only skip ahead w/pandora. No track info. i(Phone 4.)

I can't do anything over USB, only charge. I think my cable is damaged. It says no audio found.

Same thing with my iphone. It just charge when i connect it to usb. But when i connect my external hard disk drive it plays my song no problem. Just song. My videos never play, i dont know if wrong format or it just dont play video using usb! If i use dvd it plays video just fine!

Ok, I just experimented with this - if I connect my DroidX to the car with a USB cable, THEN the songs saved to the onboard memory card in the Droid will show up on the display with track name, track time, artist, etc.

However, bluetooth streaming - NO - there's no information on the display. You can't browse, or do anything except pause and skip tracks. If you want to select a specific song, it has to go thru the phone's player menu.

As far as internet streaming over the phone - Pandora for example - there's no way to do that thru the USB cable of which I know. That has to go thru Bluetooth, and like the stored songs, no track information displays. Al

Hope this helps.

Almost any cellphone is using the headphone protocol for audio streaming over bluetooth. That's the reason why you won't see any track information on the uconnect display. Bluetooth headphones usually have no display, so there is no need to support track informations.

Edited by Toy4ever

I had a 2014 camaro for 2 days while my van was in the shop.

Had the "my link" radio. Over Bluetooth, displayed album art, track total time, track elapse time, and fwd control.

Really cool radio. It was as though I was playing a cd, when in fact it was pandora.

Really liked the car too. An LT1 camaro.

But as most experts say, a bit of complicated radio interface. The uConnect radio is clean and straight fwd.

• 4 years later...

I had a 2015 Journey that never displayed anything I streamed via bluetooth - only displayed the name of my phone.  The same thing in my 2017 Journey.  I assumed that it was because a lot of recordings on my phone are self-made, but do have a song title, artist, album, etc.  So, I've had to take my new one in several times for various reasons and I've had several different loaner cars.  Connecting to a Jeep Cherokee via bluetooth and everything displayed - even album art.  Another time, got a Dodge Charger with the smaller 4" display and all track, artist, and album info displayed.  It's only with the 2 Journeys I've had (both with the 8.4 radios) that I don't get the info to display.  That's why I came here - hoping it was a simple setting that I was missing or something.

• 1 year later...
On 8/27/2013 at 11:24 PM, DesertJrny1 said:

When I First got the Car it showed with everything but Now it doesn't show only with Bluetooth
But Thanks for all the input Guys!!

I'm sure it did work when you first got it, I found all the track info transfers via bluetooth when a device is connected for the first time. Try connecting a phone you've never connected before. If that works there is a way to disconnect your existing phone and reconnect it! It is a lot of steps though, it includes clearing the bluetooth cache.

Edited by Darksky82
Spelling

• 1 year later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Darksky82 said:

I'm looking for a permanent solution, but for now I have a temporary one. I see the posts on here are 5 years old. If anyone is still looking for an answer Let me know!

Please let me know! I just got a 2017 Dodge Journey RT. Thank you 

• 4 months later...
On 12/17/2018 at 9:42 AM, Darksky82 said:

I'm looking for a permanent solution, but for now I have a temporary one. I see the posts on here are 5 years old. If anyone is still looking for an answer Let me know!

Hey I have a 2017 Dodge Journey and it is giving me the same issues. I was wondering if anyone found a solution on getting music info to display when using Bluetooth mode. Thank you. 

• Official Dodge Support

We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison

DodgeCares

On 5/12/2020 at 8:30 PM, Tsharp415 said:

Hey I have a 2017 Dodge Journey and it is giving me the same issues. I was wondering if anyone found a solution on getting music info to display when using Bluetooth mode. Thank you. 

That's just the way it works.

If you want to see titles and artwork connect via USB.  As a bonus it will keep your device charged.