Rotor/Pad recommendations

Well that was an example. Just showing what an entire kit would cost. Looks like there is no "complete Bermbo kot" for the DJ. You can get quality brakes that will stop just as good, last just as long as those for much, much cheaper. EBC stuff is good for a fraction of the cost.

http://www.buybrakes.com/c-80_dodge-journey_brake-kits.aspx

Yeah, unless your taking your DJ to the track and plan on driving 100+, just going with a pad ceramic pad upgrade is sufficient (if looking for slight upgrade from original pads). This is combo with performance rotors can be a reasonably priced improvement.

• 4 months later...

I've just installed the K4015 package from Rock Auto. That's drilled and slotted rotors with ceramic pads. $260. for the set (4 rotors and 2 sets of pads) for the early 2012 models with the smaller brakes. I got this set as the rotors are plated, hopefully this will cut down on corrosion of the rotors which is a problem here in Ontario with salt on the roads. I have them properly broken in and after about 1000 miles, I am so far impressed with the improved braking. The car has about 20,000 miles and my reason for changing was corrosion on the rotors. The vehicle sits pretty much unused from April till November as a ride a motorcycle as much as possible during the summer. Last fall, I removed the rotors and had them refinished, this year the pads on the front were down enough that they would not have lasted the winter. Will check back in the spring and let everyone know how they are standing up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

sorry for resurecting an old thread, but I want to update my experience with the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors with Green Stuff pads:

about 11,000 miles, no warping. That's a record for my car. Past factory rotors warped within 3,000 miles. Front pads are noticeably low though, about .100" of pad left, and a noticeable lip on edge of rotor. Not much of the dimples left. Rears have much more life left. So I'm thinking I'll need fronts in about 5,000 miles.

So while I'm happy they are not warping, the car is still eating them for lunch. 15,000 miles (one year of driving) from premium rotors and pads is not good mileage.

Despite this, I like the car very much.

carry on.

sorry for resurecting an old thread, but I want to update my experience with the EBC dimpled and slotted rotors with Green Stuff pads:

about 11,000 miles, no warping. That's a record for my car. Past factory rotors warped within 3,000 miles. Front pads are noticeably low though, about .100" of pad left, and a noticeable lip on edge of rotor. Not much of the dimples left. Rears have much more life left. So I'm thinking I'll need fronts in about 5,000 miles.

So while I'm happy they are not warping, the car is still eating them for lunch. 15,000 miles (one year of driving) from premium rotors and pads is not good mileage.

carry on.

That is still pretty sad mileage for brakes. I put on Callahan set from amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Callahan-Premium-Ceramic-Brake-CK002564/dp/B00E1SNKB8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1428339837&sr=8-1&keywords=dodge+journey+brakes), like several others on here have. It's been almost 2 years and 50k miles later. Just checked them and the pads are all probably half way worn. So you can count these as 100k mile brakes hopefully! No noticeable lip on the rotor edge. Been more than pleased with the set, no warping, no screeching. Nice, quiet brakes that wear nice and slow. I would highly recommend them!

Plus it's hard to beat the price at under $200 for all 4 corners!

carry on.

I know the brakes on these 2011's are not the greatest but warping within 3,000 miles is not a braking issue but a driver issue. You must be braking at high speeds for that warping to happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

someone mentioned my DJs eating brakes for lunch is a driver issue.. def not. I don't drive fast, I don't tailgate, and I don't brake late. I've owned dozens of cars and this is a first. But as I've stated in other threads, the EBCs have improved my experience, the car no longer warps rotors, and the second set of EBCs installed are lasting longer than the first, leading me to believe the first set were not installed correctly, possibly they were dragging.

Hey guys,

Not sure when the previous owner changed the brakes but I'm pretty sure I have to change mine lol. Anyways I'm a light driver, probably hit about 10k km/year. Have a few options such as slotted+drilled or the regular:

Typical Ones

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Front-and-Rear-Brake-Rotors-Ceramic-Pads-TOWN-COUNTRY-GRAND-CARAVAN-JOURNEY-/301294060205?fits=Year%3A2009%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney&hash=item46268682ad:g:axQAAOSwL7VWsPCF&vxp=mtr

Slotted + Drilled

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/FTIS-2009-2010-2011-DODGE-JOURNEY-Drill-Slot-Brake-Rotors-CERAMIC-PADS-/272193374511?fits=Year%3A2009%7CMake%3ADodge%7CModel%3AJourney&hash=item3f5ffd492f:g:5XQAAOSwstxVgJuK&vxp=mtr

$90 difference between each of them, is it worth it?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

well pulled my front and rear to check the pads on my 2014 crossroad and they all still look like new i always change my own and on my 2011 i replaced the rears at 60k and they were not that bad but had already bought them and my 2014 has 58 k on it so i am tickled pink on how they are holding up.... also i am on a Facebook dodge group and some guy posted a clip of his journey making a loud pounding noise and the sound of it  whether he was going fast or slow and of course he is kind of talking bad about his pos dodge, well at least to his credit he did come back 2 days later and said well the noise is fixed and it was front wheels being loose....LOL  so now he says well i am going to trade it in for an Audi  so i posted back letting him know that Audis have to have their wheels on tight also...