2013 Grand Caravan

Oh my God! I have a 2013 Grand Caravan rental after my Journey was in an accident Saturday.

I was really impressed with the power in the v6 in the Van. I turned off the traction control and I gunned it and it squealed the tires 1st, second , and third gear!

Is this the same engine in the V6 Journey? I might have to upgrade to a V6 until I get my 6.4l V8.

The caravan feels "Peepy-er" than the v6 DJ. Atleast in FWD vs AWD.

Yes, it's an a intoxicating excess.

I live for highway on ramps. 👍👍

I have to add that since they did the transmission recall, it's sifting like shit. Shifted great b4.

The only beef I have with I-4 that comes in the DJs is that it doesn't do that much better when it comes to mileage. Yes, it is better, but not by much. I tend to restrain my tendency to really get into my acceleration. BUT, when I do, its really fun, man!!

I use my DJ for road trips (mountain biking, surfing, etc.) and I tend to have gear on the roof rack. That tends to decrease my mileage slightly, but I drive responsibly. Over the past 3-4 tanks of gas, I have averaged better than 26 miles/gallon. That figure includes the in town driving that any of those trips include. I'd say its an 80/20 mix of highway/town driving. On the freeway, I get somewhere in the 28s most often.

The thing that I like about the Pentastar is that the power is there if I need it. The thing I have mixed feelings on is the computer programming because our DJs are programmed for fuel efficiency and the downshift can come late. I compensate by using the autostick with frequency. I really like the autostick. I can leave it in D or drive my DJ "like" a manual transmission if I so choose.

Anyway, I have had lots of fun with and have been very happy with my DJ thus far. I hope to keep it many years. I have some new mods planned, so I'll post those when I get them completed.

Peace.

Pentastar 3.6 is the way to go!! No disrespect to the 4 bangers, they have their place to, but the 3.6 is pretty awesome for a V6. Chrysler is expecting big things for the Pentastar and from others I have heard they are already seeing earlier Pentastars with 100,000 miles on them. My only dislike I have with the Pentastar is the drone and growl when you crank it up first thing in the morning.

My wife drives a 2013 Town and Country and it is just as fast as the Journey. It surprises people when they get in expecting a sluggish, non-enjoyable minivan. Although it doesn't handle as well as the Journey, it still is fun to drive for a minivan.