Flowmaster Super 40

Don't know how much adding piping will help... A chambered muffler will reduce the drone significantly, but I don't have any experience with any "performance" chambered mufflers, so I'm not sure if you'll get the sound you're after. Its a delicate give and take... What are the temps like by you right now? Is it possible that it is just getting louder (perceptually) because of the cold????

Edited by Lobitz68

Is there a difference if I just used one I have now single in single out and used the "y" or single in dual out would sound different? I know ndxt week I'm getting a magnaflow resonator so I'll see how that goes but if that does not work I'll do the single in dual out

I guess my thought was that the single in / dual out would need to be mounted further forward and would result in longer tail pipes. I assumed that's what you meant. More of a question than a suggestion.

I don't have experience with this but I've heard a single in dual out muffler will have less drone that two singles because the sound waves will cancel out somewhat. You can try bringing the tails out a bit from the back end or going with a slanted outlet pipe to direct the exhaust away from the car more.

I am planning to put in a glasspack where the resonator was. I am aware glasspacks are notoriously loud, but I would think they should be quieter than the straight pipe I'm using now. I'm thinking this will still give the tone I want but quiet the exhaust down a bit. For $40 and an hour or two, worth investigating.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...