Flowmaster Super 40

please post a sound clip of reg driving down the road and do you hear a loud droan noise at hwy speed . down the same with my 2001 truck sounded good at idle and sounded good at hwy speed but later on got a little tried of it when on long trips. sounds great at idle but sounds a little high pitched at ther rev up speed.....

loading.gif

• 4 weeks later...

I was just going to post a thread asking about straight piping my 2012 R/T ...... your BT sounds incredible!! ... me coming from a modified car scene, I had all sorts of different exhausts and "fart cans" on my old cars ... with the R/T I've been dieing to do something with the exhaust and was hoping a simple straight pipe would do the trick ..... Im thinking its as easy as cut off the factory mufflers, weld on pipes and add nice tips ..... am I missing something here?

Not going for the big V8 truck sound, but something that will give my R/T alittle bit of a rumble ... something that I can HEAR the 283 horsies .....

So am I wrong in thinking its as simple as cutting off and welding on just straight pipes ???? or is there more to it ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Why not just leave the resonator in and go straight pipe back from that? I had the Magnaflow kit on my 12 Avenger, I removed their resonator after the install, sounded alot better! More deeper! But I also had straight thru mufflers on my dj (see my pics) and it sounded even better than my Avenger. But I had to remove them cause they interfered with my new hitch. But I will prob put them back on cause I miss the growl! Turns out I probably won't be using my hitch very often.