Close to buying a new 2013 blacktop edition seven seater, although the third row will be used once in a blue moon when visitors are here. What is the defacto statements on how the 4 stacks up against the 6? We will be mainly city driving (lots of stop-n-go here in Tampabay) .. Will not be towing anything .. Plan on a few bi-annual road trips from Florida to Ohio .. Thoughts?

We have the V6 in our 2013 SXT and just completed an 8400 mile tour of Canada and the U.S. and all I can say is that it ran absolutely flawlessly. The motor is so quiet and just cruises at highway speed. The gas mileage was a pleasant surprise and we traveled in all kinds of different conditions. Mountain elevations, high winds, dirt roads, city driving (L.A. San Fransisco, Las Vegas) and we averaged between 24 and 32 miles to the gallon. I don't have any experience with the four cylinder, but quite a few forum members do and they seem to be quite satisfied. The power of the 6 is very impressive- I've had V8's that weren't as responsive or as smooth. I bought the six in anticipation of the driving conditions we would experience on our trip and because the Journey is big vehicle and I wasn't sure if the 4 cylinder was powerful enough (my wife doesn't travel light, I think she brought half the house). All in all the V6 sure didn't disappoint us in the city or on the highway. Good luck and congratulations whatever your decision. The Journey is a treat to drive!

i love my v6,but if you do alot of city stop and go you might want the 4 cyl. the v6 will get you with all city driveing between 17-20 and will get better once you get out on the interstates because of the transmission. i always had the 3.3 in my minn-vans and my daughter bought one with the 4cyl. and it really did just as good as the 6 cyl did, but with alot of better gas mileage. good luck and keep us posted which way you went and how you like it

Flatlanders living in the city, will fair just as well with the 4 and reap the benefits of better fuel economy in urban stop and go driving. The Journey is heavy though (surprised me how heavy it is) and if you encounter a lot of hilly / mountainous terrain or do a lot driving on roads at 55 mph or better, then the 3.6 would be the better choice. The 4 will handle hills and mountains and sustained highway speeds, but, will have to work to do it, while the 6 will be well within its "comfort zone" with those kinds of loads.

I have the 4 and I find it has sufficient power. It isn't going to impress you with lots of pick up, but it will get this heavy vehicle up and moving fast enough for most occasions.

It does have to work a little harder than the 6 for highway driving (I had a 6 as a rental once) but the 4 will do the job nicely.

Strangely when running at 105KM/h it is actually better on fuel than my Patriot was with the CVT, and it was a light vehicle to boot!

The only way to really the difference is to get behind the wheel and test both.

On the on ramp to the interstate, floor them, then you'll know the difference.

I think without the AWD, thd v6 should average around 20mpg in the streets of Florida.

Close to buying a new 2013 blacktop edition seven seater, although the third row will be used once in a blue moon when visitors are here. What is the defacto statements on how the 4 stacks up against the 6? We will be mainly city driving (lots of stop-n-go here in Tampabay) .. Will not be towing anything .. Plan on a few bi-annual road trips from Florida to Ohio .. Thoughts?

If you plan on doing long road trips then get the 6 cylinder.

I agree with what was suggested above. You really shoud try out both then decide which is right for you.

I test drove both and in the end went with the 4 for the reduced inital cost plus the savings on fuel whether it was minimal or not. That was the right choice me.

If you get the 6, you'll be glad you did. I think most of the initial cost is tied up in options. If cost and the engine decision are most important, go with the lowest optioned 6 and cost difference will be minimal. Ultimately, you have to decide. I have the R/T and far and away, the best aspect of my DJ is the Pentastar V6. Fun as $#!7. Safe for passing.

Peace.

That's a really nice Journey. A couple of years ago we rented a Journey SE in Florida with the 4 cylinder engine and it ran fine on the flat Florida interstates. We tow a camper, so the 3.6 was mandatory for us. Even if I didn't need it for towing, I still would have chosen the 3.6. I love the power, smoothness and refinement of this engine, plus I prefer the six speed transmission. The sound of the engine alone is worth the extra cost, speaking strictly for myself on this matter. As recommended above, drive both to be sure, but that Blacktop SXT has got all the right equipment in it otherwise and is a helluva good value. Enjoy!

looks great and not a bad price. wondering why dealers dont order the rear cam when they order the 8.4 screen radio mine was the same way and after it gets to the dealer you cant add the rear cam. doesnt make any sense. any way great looking journey, congrats

wondering why dealers dont order the rear cam when they order the 8.4 screen radio mine was the same way and after it gets to the dealer you cant add the rear cam. doesnt make any sense. any way great looking journey, congrats

Dodge should make the rear can standard on the DJ, atleast on the SE and up.

The 4.3 can handle the video input.

Lol... By the deals im seeing from the other forum members.. I could tell that i got ripped off by my dealership. :-)

Oh, don't feel bad Chris. We went to over 5 dealers (no joke) and this one I had to dump the first salesman because I didn't feel comfortable with him. There was just no personal connection. Day two into our sales dance and he couldn't remember what Dodge we was interested in! Another dealer had a used 2011 Journey Crew at 18800 and they tried to sell it to us for 23000 even after showing them thier own internet pricing! We spent a number of weekends driving and searching.. In fact, this dealer is over 1.5 hours away from us, so it was really a hunt to find the best buy.

We went with the 4 in our SXT. I was leaning toward the 6, but the wife who was going to be the daily driver from the s side of Atlanta to the n side every day wanted to go with the 4. She's always getting on me for running it up while getting on the interstate. We had a 6 loaner while we were getting the new seats put in and to me honest while it had more pep, there wasn't much difference while cruising. We have the third row in ours and haven't had it fully loaded yet so I'm really curious about how it does in "bus" mode. We are going to be taking it to PCB next week and its going to be interesting to see how it does. Wife says she is getting decent mileage with it so far. We didn't buy from the dealer closest to us either. Love the one you picked out and welcome to the family!