Hi everyone! New guy here lol. I have a 2013 journey with the 4.3 screen. I have an iPhone 4S and my phone pairs fine and loads my phone book and makes call without a problem. My problem is I can't send or read text messages and Siri does not work with it either. Anyone else have this problem? Or any idea how to get it to work? Thanks for the help!

Reading text messages is advertised as a feature of Uconnect, but it only supports a very small number of phones that nobody actually has. It works great with my wife's Explorer and my iPhone. Chrysler doesn't seem to update existing versions of Uconnect, so the current functionality is most likely what we're stuck with.

Windows 8 Phones will do text to voice reads and voice to text send via Bluetooth.

It interrupts whatever is going on with the Uconnect system, silencing radio etc. Then takes over the system, the mic in the car transfers your speech to the phone.

If I remember correctly this is how the phone/car system works.

1-Text message received

2-"Message from <person>, would you like to read it or ignore?"

3-Say "Read it"

4-text to speech: "Hey are you coming to the soccer game today?"

5-"You can say reply or I'm done"

6-Say "reply"

7-prompt "Say your text message"

8-Say "no I am going to be busy tonight if you know what I mean"

9-prompt "You can say I'm done, add more, or try again"

10-Say "I'm done"

11-prompt "message sent"

Ofcourse you can only use it to reply to received text messages, there is no way to create a brand new message without having been sent a text first.

Edited by Estoyloco

According to the manual, text messages (SMS) are only supported on the 8.4, not on the 4.3, provided that the phone supports SMS over bluetooth. It should also be possible to compose a new message (again, according to the manual)

Edit: only predefined messages and, supposedly, with the car not in motion.

Edited by Lebowski

With the car not in motion. What a load of Shit. What if phone comparability was only when not in motion? That's shit. Not only is texting not supported on most phones, it is only supported when I'm parked at wal mart and have complete access to my phone without any need for uconnect? Really? Sergio probably drives a Ford. Ford supports texting on the iPhone. That's shit. Ford's system sucks. But its better than uconnect I guess. Get with the times Sergio. Pay attention pal.

I've been looking into this also. The iphone has been upgraded to allow notifications to be sent via bluetooth (ie. text messages etc through IMAP I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong) but the uconnect system has not been configured to play nice with the iphone... kind of a piss off considering the product is advertised to have such capabilities. As for Sergio driving a Ford.... HA! Why would anyone with as much $$ as that guy jump into a Ford?

Overall I've been really happy with my Uconnect so far (8.4N), the only thing I really wish it could do was display song titles/artist info via bluetooth streaming and the text messaging. When the iPhone is connected via USB I get all of the music info plus the ability to sort by artist, song title as well as a manual search.

• Official Dodge Support

I've been looking into this also. The iphone has been upgraded to allow notifications to be sent via bluetooth (ie. text messages etc through IMAP I believe, someone correct me if I'm wrong) but the uconnect system has not been configured to play nice with the iphone... kind of a piss off considering the product is advertised to have such capabilities. As for Sergio driving a Ford.... HA! Why would anyone with as much $$ as that guy jump into a Ford?

Overall I've been really happy with my Uconnect so far (8.4N), the only thing I really wish it could do was display song titles/artist info via bluetooth streaming and the text messaging. When the iPhone is connected via USB I get all of the music info plus the ability to sort by artist, song title as well as a manual search.

CDNGeer,

I'm glad you're happy overall but I'd like to see if I can help with some connection issues with Bluetooth vs. USB with streaming and text messaging. Some Iphone compatibilities don't work but I can take a deeper look just in case.

If you PM me your VIN I can check it out.