Cargo Privacy Screen

philhorton1974

Just out of idle curiosity... Has anyone with the 3rd row seat tried adding the cargo cover? I haven't gone to look at a DJ with the cover (I've got the 3rd row), but, it would seem to me, that unless the mount brackets block the raising of the 3rd row seats, it should work with the 3rd row version also. I understand it would have to come out to use the 3rd row, but, I, for instance would like to have it since it is "once in a blue moon" that I need the 3rd row (but, I do need it every now and then).

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of idle curiosity... Has anyone with the 3rd row seat tried adding the cargo cover? I haven't gone to look at a DJ with the cover (I've got the 3rd row), but, it would seem to me, that unless the mount brackets block the raising of the 3rd row seats, it should work with the 3rd row version also. I understand it would have to come out to use the 3rd row, but, I, for instance would like to have it since it is "once in a blue moon" that I need the 3rd row (but, I do need it every now and then).

I would like to know this too. All we got with the 3rd row was the net. Would be nice to have, used the one on my Grand Cherokee all the time.

I had a 2011 7 pass Journey as a rental a couple of years ago and there was no place to mount the cargo cover.

I also test drove a 2013 7 pass Journey and from what I could see the body panels still didn't support installing a cargo cover.

We went with a 5 pass Journey for the extra storage and the cover.

For most of the cargo covers I've ever dealt with, the only difference in having it and not, was a set of brackets installed on each side; one to hold the cargo cover tube and another that the cargo cover hooked onto to. If that is true with the DJ (I'll have to go up to the dealer and look), then, conceivably, the brackets could be ordered/added to a seven passenger version to have the cover. Depending on how far the bracket intruded into the area of the third seats would make the difference in whether it could be added to the 7 passenger version. If the bracket doesn't prevent the third seat from being raised (only intrudes into the 3rd row's space) then it is doable...whoever sits in the third row would have the bracket in the area with them. If the bracket prevents the third row from being raised, then that would be a problem.

I'll stop by the dealer and see what the bracketry looks like...

I don't miss the under the floor storage (I looked at it on a DJ at the dealer) and decided that it was awkward enough the I wouldn't use it much and I wanted the third row as we do use it every now and then. The DJ with the third row still has more storage in the back than my Jeep Commander had...I'm always amazed when I start loading up the back at just how much that car holds.

My 2 previous Mopars had the cargo cover (Caravan-Caliber)

and all the mounting points were molded into the rear

quarter panel coverings.

I imagine with a little ingenuity and proper tools

you could do it using the OEM cover but Webslaves

concerns about clearance are valid points.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am looking for the mounting brackets for the rear cargo cover for my 2013 Journey. The cover was supplied and posted by a dealership minus the mounting brackets !! I also think it is Ridiculous that Dodge can make a car and sell an accessory without the mount being incorporated into the cars interior as standard. There is DEFINATELY no mounting points as standard.

CAn anyone tell me where I can ppurchase the mounting brackets .... Thank you

I am looking for the mounting brackets for the rear cargo cover for my 2013 Journey. The cover was supplied and posted by a dealership minus the mounting brackets !! I also think it is Ridiculous that Dodge can make a car and sell an accessory without the mount being incorporated into the cars interior as standard. There is DEFINATELY no mounting points as standard.

CAn anyone tell me where I can ppurchase the mounting brackets .... Thank you

The cargo cover has slots that it sits in, that are molded into the trim of the cargo area. There is not a seperate piece that the cargo cover snaps into. Maybe you have a Journey that didn't have the cargo cover option? I didn't even realize that it wasn't a standard feature.

• 6 months later...

Do people actually use these cargo covers? Its not like its a pickup truck or something. People worried about theft maybe? I dunno, if someone breaks into my car, im not worried about the stuff in the back, im worried about the car being stolen...or the airbags ripped out.

My buddys car was stolen, they found it with all his airbags removed....but his expensive golf clubs were still there....LOL...dumb criminals....