Anyone interested in a class action lawsuit against Dodge?

No thanks. In my experience, the only people that win in a class action lawsuit are the lawyers.

Bruce

PS Besides, I have no complaints with my Journey.

Ditto... Perfectly happy with my DJ so far. Some things (design points) I don't like, but, I've never owned a "perfect" car, and I need to have the radio TSB done (have some weird things that aren't quite "right", but, it is still very serviceable), but, overall, I'm quite happy with mine. Engine is stable, mechanicals all seem to functioning properly and fit and finish have been superb for the price point of the DJ.

To be sure, they (Chrysler) had some initial problems with the engineering in the early models, but, that is "par for the course" for early models from any auto maker. There are problems now showing up in the Ecoboost Fords, the Prius had battery issues, and I remember a brand new Toyota I had in '74 that had to have a new head installed because they made the valve guides too small...that was the first year for the then "new" 2.2 L 4 cylinder. One of the reasons, I personally, wait at least until the third year of production on any new vehicle line or major redesign of an existing line.

IMHO, there isn't anything to "sue" for and you would be hard put to show that the entire "class" of DJ owners have been saddled with known defects and that there is a corporate impetus to bury those problems. Dealers not stepping up, sure, but, that isn't a class action for Chrysler. I'm also not a "sue happy" person (not that you are) and I need to have a very good reason to sue a person or company and in my 62 years living, purchasing and using a lot of different stuff and doing a lot of different things, I've never found the need involve a lawyer, who is in business to make money for himself first, client last. There are a few companies I'll never buy from again for various reasons, but, none that I'd ever sue.

Is any dodge journey owner ready to participate in a class action suit against Dodge? Let me know! I'm going to start interviewing lawyer firms!

The lawsuit is based on what?

EDIT: I just read your other post and your issue is with the brakes.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

I too have owned vehicles with clear design issues (2007 Chevrolet Silverado with the intermediate steering shaft clunk, 2004 Chevrolet Malibu with rotors replaced every 25,000 miles because they were too thin, etc.) and both had class action lawsuits threatened but they never went anywhere. You're going to find it's a waste of time and you'll need thousands of Journey owners to make it pay for any attorney worth their salt. Based on the sales numbers below I doubt you'll make the mark.

Calendar Year United States 2008 47,097 2009 53,826 2010 48,577 2011 55,155 2012 79,563

Edited by NorthStar1

I also read your last post about brake issues. Honestly I am having a hard time believing that you put 10 sets of brakes and rotors on your Journey in that short of a time. You say your mechanic has been great, but maybe he's the problem. I would have searched a different solution after a couple sets. I am afraid this forum is not going to be a great place to find support for your little lawsuit...

AFAIK there's no such thing as class action here in Europe, and, luckily or unluckily, I have had no problem with the brakes (crossing fingers) however there has been a lot of cases here and Fiat has acknowledged the problem, replacing rotors and some parts in the front suspensions when customers complain about vibrations when braking, so maybe your claim is not completely groundless.

• 7 months later...

I'm amazed there are people who like the dodge journey. I have had nothing but issue after issue with mine. A class action lawsuit may wake dodge up about us owner who are stuck with these junk cars. If you haven't replaced your brakes yet buy a lottery ticket your that lucky!

I love my Journey. I also work for a dealer. Of all the customers who have bought Journeys from us, I have only met one who does not like the car. It's a shame that you are dissatisfied with yours. You are certainly entitled to your feelings about the car, but as Addicted to Dodge pointed out, garnering support for a class action suit on this particular forum may be difficult indeed. The enthusiasts here far outweigh the dissents. I sincerely hope your problems are eventually resolved or that you are able to find an amicable exit from ownership into something you enjoy.

I'm amazed there are people who like the dodge journey. I have had nothing but issue after issue with mine. A class action lawsuit may wake dodge up about us owner who are stuck with these junk cars. If you haven't replaced your brakes yet buy a lottery ticket your that lucky!

I'm afraid that you are in the minority (at least on this forum). I would say most people love their Journey's especially in my area where they seem to be in abundance and still plenty of 2009 & 2010's still on the roads. So far I have been very pleased with my 2011 Journey SXT and to me the brakes are a non issues since i service and replace my own and the only replacement to date has been the rear pads @ 40,000km's.

Edited by Journey_SeXT

What "issue after issue" are you having?

Edited by jkeaton

I have to agree with what others have been saying about their positive experiences. Of all the many vehicles I've owned over the years the Journey has been the best. I'm sure that there are some owners who have had bad experiences, but I suspect a lot of them could be attributed to poor dealer response (a few bad apples). I'm also curious as to why the majority of these one time posters make these claims without any specifics. It's also telling that many of them mention legal action. Could we be witnessing another example of ambulance chasing? Another explanation is that Paul could be a Forbes magazine writer!

A class action lawsuit may wake dodge up about us owner who are stuck with these junk cars. If you haven't replaced your brakes yet buy a lottery ticket your that lucky!

Hmm, I guess I should go buy that lottery ticket... And if I win, I will buy a new 2014 Red R/T Journey!!