When to start towing ?!?!?!

biohazard

We are taking possession of a brand new journey with the tow prepe package. I will be getting the hitch installed in the spring and was wondering what the break in period on the motor is until it is recommend good for towing. When we got our 2010 journey it was in the fall so we had all winter to break in the engine before we started camping and towing but with our new one it will only be a few months before we would like to start towing. Is there a recommended amount of KM or M that we need to be cautious of. We are planning of keeping this journey for a long time and do not want to void/ruin our powertrain warrenty.

no factory hitch for me... I always install a HIDDEN HITCH brand one that i pick up at our local trailer store. It really isnt that hard and takes about 1 to 2 hours with just me. The biggest part is dropping the mufflers to tighten a few bolts. I put it on my 2010 journey and will be doing it again with our new one. You can save have the money by doing it yourself.

Here's the 2013 Journey's owners manual. http://www.chryslercommercialvehicles.com/dodge/download/pdf/manuals/2013-Journey-OM-2nd.pdf

Check out page page 483.

800 KM is what it suggests before towing....thanx never saw that in the manual before :) So for me thats about a month or so before I start towing which is more then enough time..