Debating... 2012 SXT or 2013 SE? HELP!!

I cannot for the life of me decide what to go for...

New 2013 SE. Window sticker from the exact one:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C4PDCAB9DT602991

Or a used 2012 SXT.

Ive also never owned a four cylinder, but I did test drive the 2013 today and its seemed fine. I dont plan to tow anything nor am I a fast driver. Most country two lane roads and small town driving, highway maybe twice a month for short distances. Would be very happy to save any MPG I can beings I live so far out in the country away from everything.

I feel like Im going to be missing out on something with the SE model but I do LOVE it has the child seats, its a year newer, the copper color and the fact I would be the original owner. NOT loving the non-tinted windows :/

Would I be better off getting a slightly used 2012? Is there anything I should know about the four cylinder? Anything Im missing between these two?

• Official Dodge Support
I cannot for the life of me decide what to go for...

New 2013 SE. Window sticker from the exact one:

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=3C4PDCAB9DT602991

Or a used 2012 SXT.

Ive also never owned a four cylinder, but I did test drive the 2013 today and its seemed fine. I dont plan to tow anything nor am I a fast driver. Most country two lane roads and small town driving, highway maybe twice a month for short distances. Would be very happy to save any MPG I can beings I live so far out in the country away from everything.

I feel like Im going to be missing out on something with the SE model but I do LOVE it has the child seats, its a year newer, the copper color and the fact I would be the original owner. NOT loving the non-tinted windows :/

Would I be better off getting a slightly used 2012? Is there anything I should know about the four cylinder? Anything Im missing between these two?

Love-Pink,

If you want to send me the Vin on the 2012, I can check for any warranty restrictions or recalls and also send you a build sheet which will list every feature on the vehicle.

• 2 weeks later...

The SE is a lousy deal inthe US. Much better equipped in Canada for the same money. And now up here you can buy a '13 SXT (4 cylinder) for about the same money as the SE.

After a few years, the year-to-year differential almost disappears - and since there isn't supposed to be a 2014, these things are not likely to retain much resale value in any case.

You should drive both the 4 cyl and the 6 cyl

with real road expereince-I can asure you that

will solidify your decision.

The 4 only is marginally better mpg than the 6

and you don't say if your tow anything or general

usage,believe me these are important factors in

your decision.

Edited by bigtsr

The 4 cylinder is crazy underpowered! The mpg between the 4 and 6 is only 1'to 2 mpg. Not worth the trade off.i suggest you drive both. You know there are 2013 sxt also. I mean unless you are in a big hurry to spend your money im sure dodge can get you a '13 sxt (v6) in the copper color with much better additions for not much more on the sticker price. Just remember you get what you pay for. 4cylinders are designed for lighter cars/more compact SUVs. A journey is a mid sized SUV/crossover and the 3.6L is the better choice. Read in this forum about the difference and do your own research! You will ultimately be making your own decision whether it be the right one for you in the end or not

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the replies!! I ended up going with the 2013 and no regrets! I went back and forth over and over about the 4 cylinder vs the 6 and test drove both. I couldnt feel a noticeable difference. Every extra mpg I can muster out is important to me beings we live so far from everything. We drive it everywhere!

Its working out great and I love the extra space vs my 2011 Impala. The only option I wish I had gotten is the bigger radio screen :/

I would love to get the build code for the Journey but I cannot send pms yet... is it okay to post the VIN here??

Love-Pink,

If you want to send me the Vin on the 2012, I can check for any warranty restrictions or recalls and also send you a build sheet which will list every feature on the vehicle.

I would very much appreciate a build code but I cannot pm you because I havent posted enough yet.

• Official Dodge Support
I would very much appreciate a build code but I cannot pm you because I havent posted enough yet.

Send the VIN and put "build sheet" in the title to, DodgeCares@gmail.com and I will send you one.

Watch out after the transmission, note any "rough" shifts, chugging, surging, or noises from the power train. There have been a few with major problems (including myself) and if you have ANY symptoms take it back and get it looked after right away. Ours took a hard dump and they are doing jack squat about it. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

Watch out after the transmission, note any "rough" shifts, chugging, surging, or noises from the power train. There have been a few with major problems (including myself) and if you have ANY symptoms take it back and get it looked after right away. Ours took a hard dump and they are doing jack squat about it. Hope it doesn't happen to you.

Scary :( Mine does have a rough down shift... has since the day I bought it off the truck... should I be concerned? I will be extremely disappointed if I have problems with this vehicle. I use to be a life time GM buyer until this last year when I bought an Impala that had me in the shop 13 times in 3 months... after going through the dealership, multiple GM reps and finally GM headquarters... I traded in my 2011 for the Journey and vowed to never buy GM again... or from that particular dealership. Customer service is huge to me and Im a very loyal customer but if Im not treated right somewhere I will buy else where and not look back.

Scary :( Mine does have a rough down shift... has since the day I bought it off the truck... should I be concerned? I will be extremely disappointed if I have problems with this vehicle. I use to be a life time GM buyer until this last year when I bought an Impala that had me in the shop 13 times in 3 months... after going through the dealership, multiple GM reps and finally GM headquarters... I traded in my 2011 for the Journey and vowed to never buy GM again... or from that particular dealership. Customer service is huge to me and Im a very loyal customer but if Im not treated right somewhere I will buy else where and not look back.

the transmission can be alittle jumpy at first as its learning your driving and adjusting to it. It should get better after a few months. We just traded in our 2010 for a 2013 and loved our old and new journey and have had very few issues that were taken care of by dodge so if you do come across any issues just bring them up at the dealership and im sure they will help you out given its a brand new purchase......

the transmission can be alittle jumpy at first as its learning your driving and adjusting to it. It should get better after a few months. We just traded in our 2010 for a 2013 and loved our old and new journey and have had very few issues that were taken care of by dodge so if you do come across any issues just bring them up at the dealership and im sure they will help you out given its a brand new purchase......

Glad you like yours too :)