Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rolly

test pic

7 posts in this topic

Those are Purolator filters. Just before changing the oil in my wife's '09 Journey, I happened to be on Purolator's website researching for another vehicle. I noticed that the recommended filter for her Journey had been changed to a different number. The original number, PL12222 was replaced by PL24651. The specs indicated that the thread sizes were the same and when I compared them in the store, the seals appeared to be close in size. I purchased both as I can use the smaller PL12222 in my truck. The seals measured within .040" of each other (inner and out diameters) and there was plenty of clearance from the oil pan to accommodate the larger diameter. The Purolator specs indicate a slightly different relief valve setting, but I don't think it will cause any problems. So, to make a long story even longer, the one on the left is PL24651 and the other is PL12222. Even my wife told me "bigger is better"!!!

Test pic...

Edited by Steve_T

Fist one is blocked by Norton - virus alert. Second one will not open in Windows 10!

Edited by dhh3
Animal Mother likes this

Oh, I moved it in my album, that's why it won't show up ;)