Backorder Issue With Hitch Receiver

pelicankwa1

Getting really frustrated with the backorder issue of the hitch receiver. Placed my order in June and still no receiver. Want the Mopar receiver since it is truly hidden. Dealer has been great to work with since they stay in communication with me. Seems hard to believe there is an issue with getting a supplier to build. It's not complicated tooling. Complete welding systems could be built in the time frame I've been waiting. Any competent DIY'r with welding experience could easily build a jig to fabricate. Need to do some towing in the near future and don't really want to get an aftermarket hitch since they all protrude out past the fascia.

At least your dealer has been in contact with you the dealer in Thunder Bay Ontario Canada has promised to call me, never has once.They have my MONEY and thats all they care about ,thats the way I see it.You are right on wanting the factory hitch if I wanted an aftermarket I would not of paid the $1200 for the factory one ,I am sure you didnt pay $1200 in the US for your hitch

The new part# is also the one showing up on the Mopar web sight. Asked the dealer if it was still the drop down style or straight out. This information was not known. Have to wait and see what it looks like when it does arrive. Either way, a price adjustment appears to be in the future. There is now a supplier who has missed two ship dates. One in November and the last one being scheduled for 12-11-12. Also the drop down hitch ball mount adapter pt#82208642AB, MSRP $45.50, has a scheduled supplier ship date of 1-15-13. Don't want to quote the dealer install price, however it's in the $200 range.

Just got off the phone with the Dodge dealer I bought my Journey from. I placed an order for the factory style hitch, vertical receiver, hidden behind the fascia type. Original part # was 8221043-AB. Parts guy said that part # has been replaced by part # 82213561. He also said the price is $291 plus installation. He said they stock an aftermarket model which is the type that hangs down below the fascia, not what I want. The bad news is there are currently 800 units on backorder for Canada and Chrysler has no promised date of delivery. Fortunately no deposit required. Seems strange considering the Journey is not a new model and towing a trailer is not a new concept. I guess it should be expected since I ordered the vehicle with the tow package and all they did was leave the trailer wiring in the back in a bag. It took me a grand total of 10 minutes to install it in my driveway. Now the computer needs flashed to recognize the harness that the factory or the dealer should have installed for me. And car comapnies wonder why customers get frustrated and are unsatisfied? Think I'll start searching the aftermarket as well.

Chrysler Canada called me yesterday and told me they had no Idea when or what was going on . I know 1200 is way too much but it was so called thrown in in negotiation to seal the cash out the door deal. I would of never paid that but thats the way it shows up on sales sheet.Chrysler Canada didn't seem to care that the dealer hasn't returned calls , so I had to call Chrysler Canada.Even if the dealer would of called and said they didn't have the hitch instead of running away when I enter the building.

Email I received from Chysler Canada

Dear Mr. *******

Thank you for your return email of December 17, 2012, regarding the
trailer hitch for your 2012 Dodge Journey, VIN: **********************.

As discussed in our conversation today, we have contacted Lakehead
Motors and because there is a new vendor, the part is still on backorder
with no ETA.

I have placed a track on your file and will keep you up to date with any
new information. In the meantime, if you need to contact us, you can
call 1-800-465-**** or by return email. Your file number is **********
In the meantime, we would appreciate your further patience.