Journey or what?.................

My current vehicle..... 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo is well, doing well for it's age. lots of things going wrong and getting to expensive to fix everything.... anywho.... i looked at another jeep (any style), mini van was out... wife has one, needed to fit 6 people. Nothing else jumped out at me the way the Journey did. Just liked the styling and the way it felt when i sat in it.

Well, my two cents are in, not really worth two cents..... more like 1/2 cent.

Waiting for about two more weeks!!!!

Erbch

• 2 months later...

We haven't bought yet. Just found out we're expecting twins but are NOT considering minivans. So, vehicles we're considering include Journey, Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, Nissan Rogue, and maybe some Honda vehicles.

I'm surprised more people don't look at or mention considering the Ford and Nissan crossovers since they seem to be in the same league as the Journey. Am I missing something, or is it a brand bias in general?

Mirano is a great vehicle but is far more money than the top of the line Journey RT

The Edge Ltd is also more money than the RT

If I was going to spend $ 50000 on a vehicle it would be a Buick Enclave without hesitation in my opinion a great SUV

We haven't bought yet. Just found out we're expecting twins but are NOT considering minivans. So, vehicles we're considering include Journey, Ford Edge, Nissan Murano, Nissan Rogue, and maybe some Honda vehicles.

I'm surprised more people don't look at or mention considering the Ford and Nissan crossovers since they seem to be in the same league as the Journey. Am I missing something, or is it a brand bias in general?

There is a thread discussing what others considered. Also, you on a Dodge Journey Forum site may have something to do with it. I'm just saying...

• 1 year later...

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to drive a Ford Edge for the first time. I can't say I examined everything but the Edge did not seem to drive as smooth as our Journey. I noticed the difference. Maybe I am biased but I definitely was taking more hard bumbs on roads that I am used to driving over relatively good with the Journey SXT I have. I don't know what model of Edge it was but most things I have on the Journey were also on the Edge.

• 1 year later...

How much are you expecting to spend? How long do you usually keep your car? do you need 7 seat?

The New Durango is coming out, and base on the Grand cherokee with extended wheel base. And i am sure the Durango/Cherokee will be a LOT better vehicle in the long run. even tho they are more expensive.

The Honda CR-V are proven to be reliable vehicle, I would recommed you to take a test drive, and see if you like it.

The Toyota Rav4 isn't bad either. Tho i didn't like their cheap interior feel. and Imports like Honda and Toyota are quite generous when it comes to repair and maintainence too.

The Ford Edge and Nissan Murano are a lot more expensive than journey, they are not in the same League.

Regarding the Nissan Murano, i think this car will give you some great driving experience. But when it start to have problem when you are out of waranty, you will wish you never bought the car. The newer Nissan product design and very close to German cars.

I just got to drove and work on a Nissan Rogue in the shop, my first reaction is "what a Piece of shit this car is in every aspect".

I know you alrdy said No Minivan. But if you want a family car. The Dodge Minivan is the top pick.

My view on buying a Journey is: Buy it only if you got a great deal on it.

Good luck on your car shopping

• 4 weeks later...

Whatever you do , DO NOT GET A JOURNEY!!! It will not hold up and with lillte ones on the way , I would make safety my first priorty.

I would consider a Buick Enclave first, I regret not getting it now. The Honda Pilot is a great choice. Good-luck to you

Sounds like a personal gripe to me. :talkhand: :cry::baby:

The Journey has top safety ratings and I highly recommend the 2011 model. Read the Car and Driver article under the 2011 Journey thread.

If you do your homework and want an Enclave be my guest. If you want to support overseas car companies.....well.....

• 1 year later...

I was between the Journey and the Murano just this past week. Pulled the trigger on a 2010 Journey AWD SXT yesterday. Seems pretty close to the specs of the Murano when compared side to side, but the cost of future repairs scared me away from the Murano. That and I'm a loyal Dodge owner, coming from 2 Dakotas, 3 Rams, 2 Jeep Gr Cherokees and a Plymouth Breeze. Almost went Nissan, what was I thinking..Lol

• 2 months later...

Both my sisters have 2011 Escapes mainly because

of the fact one gets employee discounts.

One is FWD and the other is AWD I have driven both

and while they have some nice features they

both have horrible ride quality and so-so

finish on the interior.

In the end you pays your money and you takes your chances

no matter what you buy.

Both my sisters have 2011 Escapes mainly because

of the fact one gets employee discounts.

One is FWD and the other is AWD I have driven both

and while they have some nice features they

both have horrible ride quality and so-so

finish on the interior.

In the end you pays your money and you takes your chances

no matter what you buy.

Same here, we used to have an 03 Escape. Inlaws have an 05 Escape. Never was impressed with them, really cheap interior, super noisey ride. Transmission went out on both them around the 100k mile mark. I would take a Journey any day over another ford.

Same here, we used to have an 03 Escape. Inlaws have an 05 Escape. Never was impressed with them, really cheap interior, super noisey ride. Transmission went out on both them around the 100k mile mark. I would take a Journey any day over another ford.

Thank you for mentioning the transmission. My wife and I were ready on buying the Ford Escape until I googled a few reviews and found they had a chronic problem with their transmissions.......my neighbour who owns one said his was repaired twice. No thanks, don't want to go anywhere near a big expensive headache like that!

No problem. Maybe they are fixed nowadays, but $3k for a new tranny was not fun. At least the journey has a 100k warranty to cover problems in the future.

Doesn't Ford offer the same 100K warranty? At least in Canada all companies have 100K KM warranty at minimum on powertrain.

• 2 months later...

I'm from Italy and i have a 2012 Fiat Freemont AWD, the same of the Journey except for the diesel engine.Even if is quite heavy, brakes ,suspensions , steering are working very .

well.I have only 40000 km on it but i've drove my Freemont on highway but also on bendy road and i was very impressed.

Hey Francesco,

I have a Journey and I was looking to do back up camera and navigation. I found a company in USA that give me the option to installed everything aftermarket but it will work using the factory touch screen controls. Do you know if there is any product in Europe that will aloow me to do the same thing that NAV-TV does? if yes do you know how much do they charge? I have 4.3" screen in my car!!!

Thanks for your help

Hey Francesco,

I have a Journey and I was looking to do back up camera and navigation. I found a company in USA that give me the option to installed everything aftermarket but it will work using the factory touch screen controls. Do you know if there is any product in Europe that will aloow me to do the same thing that NAV-TV does? if yes do you know how much do they charge? I have 4.3" screen in my car!!!

Thanks for your help

Uconnect is still new in Europe, but check out Brasilian market, at least 3 replacement modules from different suppliers with bigger screens and iGo and lot other features.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The Durango starts under 30k

So does the Sorento..

The Durango is a much more better solution than either the DJ and Kia.

BUT price can EASILY climb towards 35k.

I do like the looks and fuel economy of the DJ. Durango is too big for my little lady (5.3")

The Sorento is too tight in the 3rd row for my 2 growing boys.