Chrysler jerking me around

Took delivery June 25, and still don't know if I'll be getting the gas card.

Here's the deal. When I bought the car, I had two $500 discount certificates. The first was from Farm Bureau; they have a program for members that gives a $500 discount on any Dodge truck, including the Journey, on top of any other discounts and rebates. I also received a $500 "bonus cash" discount certificate via email from Dodge, presumably as a result of doing an online quote request through the Dodge website. This coupon also said it was compatible with most other rebate programs. I was very careful and made sure my salesman confirmed that both of these discount certificates could be used and still be eligible for the gas card.

A couple of days after getting the car, I went to the website and registered for the gas card, and began to wait. Last week I got a letter from "Let's refuel America" saying that our enrollment was being declined because we had accepted other incentives and were ineligible. Contacted the dealer and told him to fix it, and after about a week and a half, got a call yesterday that it was all straightened out, and I should go to the website and re-apply. When I did, it said I was already registered. Called the toll-free number, and now they're telling me the name on the purchase order does not match the name on the application. So I had to fax a copy of the bill of sale, and our credit card statement.

Keeping my fingers crossed and trying to stay patient...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That sucks that you had to do all that for something that should have been "given" to you. I hope you blocked out the details on the CC statement! I had a guy that bought my truck & his bank wanted a copy of the title faxed to them. I said no way- too easy for someone to do a duplicate title application & then we have to go to court to prove our truck is indeed ours.

People want way too much personal info these days.

I'm glad it worked out for you.