Timing or Spark plugs you judge.

Makavilli

So one day my wife was driving and she stopped to pick up my kids. When sh ecame back coolant was all undewer the car, it was determined that the water pump had gone. When the water pump was replaced it was noticed that the part that goes in the engine was worn down. The mechanic said something had to have been in there like a small screw or something to file it down to what it is now. Anyway water pump fixed the problem is you have to take off the timing belt to get to the water pump. I am afraid that he may have not put the timing belt back on correctly because my car is very sluggish and when i hit 40 she seems to crawl to 50. He is claiming i need new spark plugs, auto zone did a diagnostics and got C121C, P0016 and P0522. I trying to determine what i should do before i have to go to a professional and shell out min 450$ to get timing reset. Any ideas anyone.

Sounds like those codes are a sign that your mech messed up.

Now.. Spark plugs cost less than 3$ a peice at an autoparts, if you haven't changed them, should be an easy change. That doesn't fix it make your mech re do the job. He won't have anything else to blame.

One thing about timing belts.. You don't re use them, when you're in there, you change everything in there. It's a big job and the last thing you want to do Is have to go back in there in 6 months to do a tensioner, or the crank angle position sensor. (which it sounds to me like it might've been damaged)

Around here, a timing belt alone job is around 450$ at an independent shop, the dealer is easily 2x that. So don't jump the gun.