Coolant Equivalent

FiremanFrach

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. I need to top off my coolant and the owner's manual recommends Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year HOAT (red [or pink] in color). I was wondering if there is an equivalent coolant I can purchase at an auto store. I'm going on a road trip and I only need to top the recovery tank off. Plus, I really don't want to pay $20.00 for a gollon of coolant at a dealership. Thank you.

• Official Dodge Support

I own a 2009 Dodge Journey SXT. I need to top off my coolant and the owner's manual recommends Mopar Antifreeze/Coolant 5 Year HOAT (red [or pink] in color). I was wondering if there is an equivalent coolant I can purchase at an auto store. I'm going on a road trip and I only need to top the recovery tank off. Plus, I really don't want to pay $20.00 for a gollon of coolant at a dealership. Thank you.

Fireman,

You really should be getting the Mopar HOAT as it is designed for our engines and Mopar parts are priced competitively.

That being said, if you are going to purchase from an auto store, just make you get the equivalent to MS-9769G.

Hope that helps.

Fireman,

You really should be getting the Mopar HOAT as it is designed for our engines and Mopar parts are priced competitively.

That being said, if you are going to purchase from an auto store, just make you get the equivalent to MS-9769G.

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I'll probably go with the Mopar. I contacted Dodge service via email with the same question. Let's see if they reply. If not I'll call.