Just bought Trailer Tow Mirrors Ext.(pair)

caperinmuskoka

Well I went out today and bought a pair of Canadian Tire Towing mirror ext. for my 2012 Dodge Journey R/T. I am towing a 101 inch wide flat snowmobile trailer 10 feet long with two Polaris Sportsman ATV's and a steel nose shield on the front of the trailer. The reason I bought the mirrors are (1) so I can see changing lanes, And (2) few people at work have got the $110.00 fine (one had a warning) here in Ontario ,Canada for towing without the proper view behind you.

How many of you out there are towing with your Journey and can't see beside you to change lanes?

I will post some pics and give a full review if anybody is intrested after this week-end of ATV'ing in Mattawa , Ontario.

I did do some looking on the web and some homework also before I bought the ones I picked, these are a ratchet ones and should stay tight with no vibration or movement. and have rubber pads on the back to protect the finish on the rear of the factory mirror.

I will follow up on this post for you forum members, if anybody is in the market for a set. Remember they are sold each, not as a set (the ones I have anyway).....Caper........

• 2 weeks later...

I want a trailer like the one you have! I have a 1974 Cygnet and it is on its last days. I started putting a tarp over it for the winter a few years ago and found out you shouldn't do that. My unit really smells of mildew now and it's got to go. I will be looking for mirror extensions too.