2012 hitch backorder?

kamhillbilly

Needed desperately to tow my utility trailer this week and of course I'm still patiently waiting for my back ordered hitch. I ended up surrendering and went to Uhaul paid $220 and was out of there in 40 minutes. Too bad Chrysler can't do the same. Unfortunately it doesn't look all that great, but at least I can tow. I might change it if Mopar comes through before it's time for a new car.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I don't have my hitch installed by the end of April I may go after them for my money back ($1200) and get rid of car . This is terrible service I can understand if it was the first year of a model , maybe the manufacturer of the hitches went broke who cares Chrysler should have enough contacts and enginered plans to have any company tooled up in no time to manufacture these . Obviously they dont care enough about custumer satisfaction because they already have our money !!! Sad service

Does anyone know if the back order problems are limited to the trailer hitch, or have other parts feel under this curse also? I was rear ended on Monday, and the rear door has to be replaced, and the dealer says the rear door is on back order until at least March 19th.

• 1 month later...

The hitch is not the hitch I ordered !!!! I am pissed off if I wanted that kind of hitch I would put it on myself 11 months ago , told dealer I want to be reimbursed for my $1200 because it is not the hitch I ordered with my car .Plus I didn't realize this until they installed it (6hours ),went to pick up car seen the hitch and lost it.....................I could of bought that piece of s..t for $250 11 months ago and I know it would not be in my shop for 6 hours!

Pissed of Chrysler Customer

The hitch is not the hitch I ordered !!!! I am pissed off if I wanted that kind of hitch I would put it on myself 11 months ago , told dealer I want to be reimbursed for my $1200 because it is not the hitch I ordered with my car .Plus I didn't realize this until they installed it (6hours ),went to pick up car seen the hitch and lost it.....................I could of bought that piece of s..t for $250 11 months ago and I know it would not be in my shop for 6 hours!

Pissed of Chrysler Customer

I would never pay 1200 for a mopar hitch... they are over priced and not worth the money... the 200.00 dollar ones have always worked great for me and take about 2 hours to install by myself.. I would def put up a stink and get my money back !!!! and as far as i know there is no reason for that backorder as it is the same hitch they have been using from 2009 and up. all DJ have the same bolt pattern and bolt up the same so I dont understand where the shortage is coming from as they should be making those things around the clock for 4 years now...

I didnt really pay 1200 but that iswhat it said on my invoice for the car it was negotiated in the out the door price on the car but on the invoice it shows as a 1200 dollar option !

Hey Dodges Cares where are you now! Cat got your tounge

Try sending him a message directly... :)