2012 hitch backorder?

kamhillbilly

I bought the wife a new 2012 Journey sxt in May and dealer says hitch is still backordered any one else having issues .we have all ready lost the summer cant tow atv trailer to the cottage have to take two vehicles (we have reg cab cummins truck no room for kids)

Edited by kamhillbilly

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Official Dodge Support

Kamhillbily!

We apologize for and are very sensitive to the consequences of part delays, and as a result, we do attempt to minimize delivery time to our dealers.

The factors influencing our inventory are many and include supplier availability, storage capacity, and part production/demand.

These factors are continually reviewed to ensure optimal combinations; however, there will inevitably be some delays, which we may not be able to modify.

If you would like me to look into this for you, send me a PM with your VIN and name of your dealer; from there i will see what i can do.

Kamhillbily!

We apologize for and are very sensitive to the consequences of part delays, and as a result, we do attempt to minimize delivery time to our dealers.

The factors influencing our inventory are many and include supplier availability, storage capacity, and part production/demand.

These factors are continually reviewed to ensure optimal combinations; however, there will inevitably be some delays, which we may not be able to modify.

If you would like me to look into this for you, send me a PM with your VIN and name of your dealer; from there i will see what i can do.

Any news on the hitches? Haven't heard anything back.

Maybe december I'm told.....what a f*&%ing joke!

I really feel for you Moparman and others who are waiting, I got my hitch for my 2010 right away which was great. I have trailered my boat numerous times and recently I got a trailer for my Kayaks and now haul my 2 17' touring kayaks and it seems to work well.

Terry

145771081.jpg

Edited by Windancer

Yep, great deal, pay 35k for a new car, and have to borrow my brothers old intrepid when I need to tow something ...........oh yeah thats on top of paying for a "tow package". Shoulda bought another Volvo.

Atleast it's just a back ordered hitch. It's not like it's leaking fluid from the rear diff or anything.. LoL. (just busting your balls)

But seriously, can't you cancel the order and try sourcing it somewhere else?

Atleast it's just a back ordered hitch. It's not like it's leaking fluid from the rear diff or anything.. LoL. (just busting your balls)

But seriously, can't you cancel the order and try sourcing it somewhere else?

LOL yeah true! ;-) I didn't tell the wife about that. Can get aftermarket, but the hang out and look awful. May try and sourse a cheap one, then sell it once I get the OE one. Chrysler has their head up their a$$ sometimes, this sure is one of them.

I was expecting a delay for my hitch too when I ordered it after vehicle delivery, but about a month after I had my hitch installed (late June), and yes, its the OE Mopar hitch. I feel bad for you guys, because I have the opposite problem of having a hitch and nothing to tow. Good luck.