Engine won't turn off

SteveCNY

I love my 2011 Journey Crew, but recently (on 3 random occasions) when I come to a stop, shift into 'Park' and press the 'start/stop' button the engine won't turn off. The message screen says "Vehicle not in Park". After shifting through the gears several times it eventually turns off. Brought it to the local Dodge dealer, but they could not replicate the problem and could not find any service alerts from Chrysler/Dodge indicating this type of problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

• Official Dodge Support

I love my 2011 Journey Crew, but recently (on 3 random occasions) when I come to a stop, shift into 'Park' and press the 'start/stop' button the engine won't turn off. The message screen says "Vehicle not in Park". After shifting through the gears several times it eventually turns off. Brought it to the local Dodge dealer, but they could not replicate the problem and could not find any service alerts from Chrysler/Dodge indicating this type of problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Steve,

The dealer needs to look up the following case and see if it could help with your problem.

Case Number: S1108000170

Release Date: 09/30/2011

Vehicle Issue:

Ignition Will Not Turn From On To Off, Engine Stays Running; EVIC Displays Vehicle Not In Park, Vehicle Is In Park

• 4 years later...