Well the DJ decided to start beeping the horn at 230 the other morning then again at 430. Random thing that just started. I disconnected the battery at 430 and reconnected it at around 8am. Everything was fine until later that afternoon where it started again. Not sure if it was a radio frequency issue where something was interfering or what. Has anyone else had the same issue?

• 2 years later...

I have. 2010 Journey. We recently have been having problems with it starting to beep uncontrollably. Last night it starting beeping at 4am, my husband finally unhooked the horn till we can figure out why this is happening. We took it to a garage and they are

Not getting a reading, so they

Do not know what the problem is either

I have. 2010 Journey. We recently have been having problems with it starting to beep uncontrollably. Last night it starting beeping at 4am, my husband finally unhooked the horn till we can figure out why this is happening. We took it to a garage and they are

Welcome to toe forum. What garage did you use? As stated above, this may be a dealer only fix if software needs to be updated.

Many problems connected with the steering column

relate back to the "clockspring" assembly.

I would suggest first thing to try is always disconnect

the car battery for a period of time to reset TIPM and

CanBus after that have the clockspring checked and/or

replaced.

• Official Dodge Support

As indicated previously, the dealer may need to be involved to address issue. This is information from the service manual regarding the horn system that may provide some assistance.

HORN SYSTEM

The most reliable, efficient, and accurate means to diagnose the horn system requires the use of a scan tool and the proper Diagnostic Procedures information.

Refer to the appropriate wiring information.

In most cases, any problem involving continually sounding horns can be quickly alleviated by removing the horn fuse from the Totally Integrated Power Module (TIPM).

WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, seat belt tensioner, side airbag or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable. Wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to follow these instructions may result in accidental airbag deployment and possible serious or fatal injury.

HORN SYSTEM TEST TABLE

Condition Possible Cause Correction

Horn sounds continuously 1. Horn control circuit shorted to ground. 1. Find the short and repair as necessary.

Note: Immediately unplug horn

2. Pinched horn switch wire under driver airbag module. 2. Replace the horn switch.

3. Inoperative horn switch. 3. Replace the horn switch.