Hidden Hitch

jaymista

I just got a Hidden Hitch added. I was worried it might end up lower than the mufflers but that is not the case. It projects out beyond the bumper about 1 3/4 inches but that is ok with me.

Jay

hey thanks for the pictures Jay. I haven't decided on one yet ( maker/maunfacture) I wanted to get a hitch that is more "hidden" Have to see what the dealer says when we get ours cause he "said" it comes with one. I made a big deal about it that I didn't think it came with one. He said not to worry "it will have one" I said great cause I did not want to look for one when the car gets here. I want it on the car.

It will either be free or just wait til other manufactures are making them

Rob

PS NICE JOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanted one where they didn't have to cut the bumper. Most of the ones I checked could be seen below the bumper if the bumper wasn't cut. The hitch dealer I went to only carried two types for the Journey, Draw-Tite and the Hidden Hitch. A hitch adds to the versatility of your vehicle. I had one on my Caravan and towed three different types of trailers with it and also towed two cars and a cement mixer. You never know when you will need it.

It won't be long before you have yours!

Jay

Hi Jay,

That hitch is almost the same as mine except mine is made by Curtis. I haven't towed anything yet so I can't comment on how the Journey will tow but I expect it will be OK. I have the window shades as well which were available at the dealer.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just got back from my vacation and I am happy to report that the journey pulled my trailer great!!!! and the gas mileage wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I still averaged between 16 and 18 miles a gallon with the trailer fully loaded.

• 3 months later...
I just got a Hidden Hitch added. I was worried it might end up lower than the mufflers but that is not the case. It projects out beyond the bumper about 1 3/4 inches but that is ok with me.

Jay

Do you notice any "clanking" of the hitch against the muffler? I had an '08 Jeep Patriot with an aftermarket hitch and that thing would clank and rattle and clunk, especially when I hit bumps or got it over 55mph.

Thanks!

ab

• 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My Dodge dealer wanted over $800 for the Mopar hitch and installation.

Located a Curt Class III Receiver Hitch ($147.34) with free S/H at:

The Hitch Store

245 W Dixie Hwy No. 2

Elizabethtown, KY 42701

Phone: 1-866-843-2010

Fax: 1-270-765-4016

======================================================

Ordered the hitch Monday morning and it was delivered Wednesday morning. Unbelievable customer support and fast free shipping. Brought it to my local garage, same day, and paid them $30 to install it. Once on the lift the mechanic used a crow-bar to pry off the two rubber hangers on each muffler and using the included fish wires, easily inserted the 6 bolts and square washers into the square beams under the car. While I held the hitch in place he wrenched and tightened the six bolts, reattached the 4 rubber hangers and I was good to go. The hitch rides lower than the Mopar version, but for the money, ascetics be damned! $180 vs $700 - No Contest! Total install time: 15 minutes.

http://www.thehitchstore.com/class-iii-rec...tch-p-1419.html

Model: 13335

Class: Class III

GTW: 4000

TW: 400

WDGTW: 4000

WDTW: 400

Install Time: 45

Min Hitch Ball Hole: 1 "

Rec. Tube Size: 2 "

Finish: Gloss Black

========================================================

I also picked a few accessories for my hitch:

on ebay

Broadfeet

68 Van Dam Street,

Greenpoint, NY

(718) 302-1787,

(718) 559-2001,

(718) 360-5369

www.broadfeet.com

http://broadfee.ipower.com//WEBSITE/09CATA...E-LAYOUTS3.html

1 Broadfeet Chrome 38" Hitch Step @ $90.00 Local Pickup

Harbor Freight Tools

www.harborfreight.com

1 98019-1VGA Two Bike Hitch Mount Bike Rack @ $29.99

1 99591-4VGA Dual Hitch Extender @ $29.99

1 95831-1VGA 5/8" Hitch Lock @ $9.99

The dual hitch extender simultaneously mounts both the chrome Broadfeet hitch step and the hitch mount bike rack on my Curt hitch! Total cost: under $200