Fiat Freemont recall

Hi all,

i'm a new member and i'm from Italy.I'm waiting for my new Fiat Freemont AWD , the same of a Dodge Journey but with a diesel engine.Fiat Freemont is having a great success in Europe , the car is great!

I'm a member of a Fiat Freemont community, and a lot of people are having a recall from Fiat to fix 4,3" uonnect problem.

1)High radio volume when you start the car.

2)Rear park assist crash with a contiuos "beeeppppppp"

3)When AF function (auto frequency) is activated you can't listen your cd, mp3 without radio interference.

4)When you are using the phone with uconnect bluetooth you can't turn off heated seats.

There were 2 recall but when they don't fix all the problems.For example, the last recall, fix the problem of the volume , but now the park assist does not work well.

DodgeCares any suggestion?There are hardware differences between 4,3" uconnect.Only few uconnect are working perfectly.

Thank you in advance

• Official Dodge Support

Hi all,

i'm a new member and i'm from Italy.I'm waiting for my new Fiat Freemont AWD , the same of a Dodge Journey but with a diesel engine.Fiat Freemont is having a great success in Europe , the car is great!

I'm a member of a Fiat Freemont community, and a lot of people are having a recall from Fiat to fix 4,3" uonnect problem.

1)High radio volume when you start the car.

2)Rear park assist crash with a contiuos "beeeppppppp"

3)When AF function (auto frequency) is activated you can't listen your cd, mp3 without radio interference.

4)When you are using the phone with uconnect bluetooth you can't turn off heated seats.

There were 2 recall but when they don't fix all the problems.For example, the last recall, fix the problem of the volume , but now the park assist does not work well.

DodgeCares any suggestion?There are hardware differences between 4,3" uconnect.Only few uconnect are working perfectly.

Thank you in advance

Francesco,

Here in the U.S. there was a service bulletin regarding many of the issues you describe. I will post it below. If it does not cure all the issues I have been told they are still working on a few other software problems. I typically post them when available to the appropriate thread. I am not familiar with dealer processes in Europe, though, to be able to tell you exactly how they might proceed with the issue. Over here they will simply order the update disc and apply it to the affected vehicles. I can only assume they would do the same over there. Hope this can be of some help to you.

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SUBJECT:

RHA And REB Radio Software Enhancements

OVERVIEW:

This bulletin involves upgrading the software on the RHA or REB Radio.

MODELS:

2011-2012 (JC) Journey

**2011-2012 (LD) Charger**

NOTE: This bulletin applies to JC vehicles built prior to **October 4, 2011 (MDH

1004XX) and LD vehicles built prior to July 25, 2011** equipped with

UCONNECT TOUCH 4.3 CD/MP3 (sales code RHA) or UCONNECT TOUCH

4.3S CD/MP3/SAT (sales code REB).

NUMBER: 08-048-11 REV. A

GROUP: Electrical

DATE: December 20, 2011

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

· **When the ignition is first turned on, the audio volume is very high.**

· **CD audio glitch and/or audio drop out for 0.2 seconds.**

· No display and no audio on radio.

· The driver's heated seat soft key is grayed out on the radio display.

· CD skips repeatedly while playing.

· CD jumps tracks after cranking the engine, turning the radio off and then on, and/or

after depressing the stop and then play soft key.

· In USB playback mode a blank screen, or the last displayed screen, is displayed

when the ABC soft key is pressed.

· An iPod Nano connected in USB mode may fail to play and/or the Pause and Play

keys are reversed on the radio display.

· Multiple instances of the same Sirius Game Zone entry may be displayed.

· Intermittently, the back-up chime sounds continuously once vehicle is put into

forward gear, instead of shutting off.

DIAGNOSIS:

If a customer’s VIN is listed in VIP or your RRT VIN list, perform the repair. For all other

customers that describe the symptom/condition, perform the Repair Procedure.

PARTS REQUIRED:

Qty. Part No. Description

**AR (1) 68147629AB REB Update Disc (version 11.41.6) for JC**

**AR (1) 68147630AB RHA Update Disc (version 11.41.6) for JC**

**AR (1) 68169945AA REB Update Disc (version 11.40.6) for LD**

**AR (1) 68169943AA RHA Update Disc (version 11.40.6) for LD**

Edited by DodgeCares

Thank you for your answer Dodge Cares.Fiat send the software's file to the dealers, then the makes a cd (ISO ) to update the uconnect.

A lot of Freemont owner can't fix the problems. The Volume problem is fixed with the last update, but a lot of owner had their park assistance work slowly, it's difficult to pair the iphone, and cd or music skip if you are in Af mode (before and after update).

I'm confident that Dodge and Fiat will solve all the issues.I like this car!!

Thanks DogeCAre.

Update me if you know somenthing about new softare update!

• Official Dodge Support

Thank you for your answer Dodge Cares.Fiat send the software's file to the dealers, then the makes a cd (ISO ) to update the uconnect.

A lot of Freemont owner can't fix the problems. The Volume problem is fixed with the last update, but a lot of owner had their park assistance work slowly, it's difficult to pair the iphone, and cd or music skip if you are in Af mode (before and after update).

I'm confident that Dodge and Fiat will solve all the issues.I like this car!!

Thanks DogeCAre.

Update me if you know somenthing about new softare update!

Will do.

• 2 years later...