When Ordering, Pay then, or Pay when it comes in?

I ordered a 2012 Journey, and they are saying I will finalize price when it comes in, and not when I order the vehicle. I negotiated a price to a certain number, and they will honor it when the vehicle comes in, but they said that, "When the vehicle comes in, you can apply whatever manufacturer rebates are available for that month." which worries me, because right now there is about 1,750 in manufacturer rebates for this month, but that may now be the case in March or April.

Is it normal for them to make you pay for an ordered vehicle only once it comes in, or are they screwing with me? I did not put anything down, I only signed a paper confirming the configuration of the vehicle I wanted (options and what not).

Appreciate any info.

I have never bought any vehicle like that.

When I buy I give them 500 down and sign for the

car at the price quoted then and there and walk

out with signed order in my hand.

I think your leaving yourself open to a lowball

offer that will be changed at delivery.

Could be wrong but that's my opinion.

It sounds like the Journey they ordered for "YOU" will be yours if you like/want it........Or they will just put it on there lot.

You just put a request in for the options you wanted and when it comes ............They will make a deal with you.................or put it on there lot.

IMO....it's comming if you want it or not............Caper....

When I ordered my journey, I signed a sales order that had pricing and the current rebates... I was garrunteed that price and rebates no matter what. I was also told that if the rebates got better by the time my journey arrived, that they would be applied and a new sales order would be drawn up..

You should know all the numbers before you sign anything...

• 1 month later...

I would think you would want to know the set price of the vehicle you ordered and have the dealership's guarantee in writing of that price for the car you ordered. Otherwise, they are ordering a car with the options you want and will negotiate the final price when it comes in. I think this puts you at a disadvantage - they know they have the car you want and have waited for...