20s or 22s

Mark Reimer

22" rims will be so big...unless you're looking for that look. You are taking a risk of going bigger rims, given you'll need a lower profile tire as indicated by nerner, this would increase the chance of denting your rims if you ever hit a big pot hole or something. Gas consumption will also be impacted given the weight of the tires.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I also would like to get some 20" rims. I have two questions. I know what offset is and have studied greatly the wheel ordeal. I am looking at this wheel. http://www.americanracing.com/wheels/?siteid=1&groupid=29 which has a +30 offset instead of the factory +35, which will bring the wheel 5mm toward the outside of the truck, not noticeable I would not think, but it should give me a tad more room between the brake calipers and the rims and also make a better fit for the 9" rim width. Anyone have a better outlook on this and does anyone have an idea of if the 9" rim is to wide or will scrub or if my idea of this setup will work?

I like those torq thrusts... Im interested in the rims off an srt8 cherokee which are 20's and have a +34 offset, the kicker is that I would have to go with 4 front rims since the rears are 20x10 with I believe a +50 offset and fronts are 20x9...so you should be in good shape with the 9" rim

I'm having a hell of a hard time looking for 20" rims for my Journey. I'm looking for a five spoke in chrome with a sporty look (as opposed to a 4x4 look). I'm also trying to avoid the convex shaped wheels. I want something that Dodge would use if it made an SRT version of the Journey. The Jeep Cherokee SRT8 wheel looks nice but - at 10" wide - is too wide for the Journey. I'm also looking at the Giovanna Dalar 5 (too expensive) and the Status Retro S818, which looks great on a mustang or challenger but probably wouldn't match with the Journey.

I love the look of the Mania Racing Savoy wheels a member from Australia had on their Journey but they aren't available in North America and I can't find anything similar that would fit.

Any suggestions? (other than the fact that I'm being too picky) :hammer_self:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys,

Just bought a set of blacked out 20s for my 2012 Journey and do to the minimum 3% there is no way to get a 22 under with out rubbing. I work for a dealership and my parts guys let me know not do able. I didnt buy mine at the dealership instead at KXWheels and they showed me the 20s will work but that was it. I have Brand new All Season 19s if any one is looking. I put winter rubber on the stock 19 inch rims. Guy code cant have bigger winter rims then summers so went to the 20s matte black.....

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Ive had 22's on mine now for about a week. 265/35/22. They look great in my opinion.

I agree that there can be some rubbing. But Ive only noticed this if I turn my wheels 100% in either direction and hit a bump while doing so. When turning them and not hitting a bump they have not rubbed.

Some would consider that an issue. I do not. I have not had to turn my wheels to that extreme yet.

• 10 months later...

I have 22's on my 09 Journey, it looks sick. (If you like that look)

They do fit but they rub when you turn, and putting 22's on your vehicle will EAT YOUR GAS..

The size is 265/40/22. I am going to be buying a lower profile tire this year either 35's or 30's.

I think that should get rid of the rubbing.

post-10607-0-28152100-1423671598_thumb.j

post-10607-0-95800100-1423671600_thumb.j