I'm having a strange problem with my power windows on my 09 Journey SXT. Additional information

• My warranty has expired
  • The passenger window lock is turned off on the drivers door
  • The controls on the drivers door can roll down the window on the passenger door, but not the two rear doors
  • Non of the other doors can roll down their windows
  • The power lock works on the passenger door
  • The recall has already been done on the door harness

I would like to avoid brining it to the dealer. From looking at the manual, I could not find if there were related fuses that could be replaced. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

It took awhile, but I found my problem. I popped up the master switch in the drivers door and found that one of connectors to the switch had come off. i plugged it back in and everything worked! Try this first before buying a master switch. Some of the other things I found said you may need to clean up the connectors.

I used the following video to help me pop up the master switch.

Good Luck, hope I've helped save someone time searching.

• 1 month later...

I'm having a strange problem with my power windows on my 09 Journey SXT. Additional information

• My warranty has expired
  • The passenger window lock is turned off on the drivers door
  • The controls on the drivers door can roll down the window on the passenger door, but not the two rear doors
  • Non of the other doors can roll down their windows
  • The power lock works on the passenger door
  • The recall has already been done on the door harness

I would like to avoid brining it to the dealer. From looking at the manual, I could not find if there were related fuses that could be replaced. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thank you.

***2009 MY DODGE JOURNEY SXT's WINDOW PROBLEM IS NOW FIXED!!! :shades:***

Thanks to God and my will to listen I was able to figure out the problem without the assistance of the idiots at the dealership. I wasted $75 on those idiots only for them to tell me "Duh, I don't know, but if you give us another $800 we will figure it out. o_O"

Anyway, here's how you fix it.

1. Open the driver's door and remove the panel

2. Look for a 5"x5" black box with three plugs running to it. This black box aka "Driver's Door Module" has failed. DO NOT call the dealer to ask them to look it up because none of the 6 dealers I called had a clue what it was and could NOT find it by searching it by name.

3. Call (1-800-428-0517) or go to http://www.wholesalemopar.com/parts_catalog.html?gclid=CL-_qquQ0a4CFUdN4AodPDB_Cw Scroll down to "Search by part number"

4. Select "Dodge" from the drop down and enter part number 5026861AE and hit "Search"

5. Pay for the part (This part is $60 before shipping and tax which brought the total to roughly $76 & it takes 3-5 business days to get)

6. Put the new box in the place of the old AND BE SURE TO PLUG THE WIRES INTO THE NEW ONE THE SAME WAY YOU REMOVED THEM FROM THE OLD BOX.

7. Plug in the switch BEFORE you assemble the door to test it and it WILL make surely bring a smile to your face to see your Journey working again :hyper:

P.S. you can go get it from the dealer if you want to but the dealer CANNOT touch that price because you are buying it straight from the factory and the dealer with free shipping is at least $100. I have bought parts from Wholesalemopar.com many times and they are honest and quick on the delivery.

-Fameurself.com

• 11 months later...

Hello, I'm having a similar problem:

This morning, I tried letting down the rear driver's side window, but couldn't. I reached back and let it down from the rear control, and it went down fine. However, it won't go back up! So, it's not ALL the way down, but it's low enough for it to be a security and weather issue. I saw this post, and pulled out the switch box to see if the connectors were loose, and they weren't. I tried swapping the rear passenger side switch box, but is still wouldn't work. I still have warranty, so I'm taking it to the dealership in a little while to get it checked out, but I wanted to post here too, in case they don't have the answer..

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

There is a recall for bad harness in the door which causes many power window problems. We had similar issues with our 09, windows wont got down, or when down would not go back up, door locks sometimes work, sometimes not. It was all repaired at no charge by the dealer. Remind them there is a recall on this issue with the 09 models.

• 3 years later...