How long did it take to get you factory order 2012 Journey?

I bought one June 8th(R/T Rallye with nav). I was told it would take a day to get the financing approved and then they could do the locate on what I had ordered. They said that there was one in Montreal but they didn't mention until a few days later that is was still on a train waiting to get delivered to the local dealer so of course they can't get it yet. They did say hopefully next week but I'll go in on Monday and get an update.

I'm really looking forward to getting it and the wait is killing me but seeing how long other people are waiting is making me think that two weeks might not be so bad (but next time I'll try to find one on the lot before making the deal).

• 2 months later...

Hi! I'm new here :)

I just visited a dealership near our place here in peace river, AB and test drove a Durango SXT and a Journey R/T.

Me and my wife are leaning now more on the journey since it suits our budget and we can add all options to it but still has a reasonable price.

Now about ordering in factory, i don't know if my agent is BS-ing me or not because he said I cannot order now since they stopped manufacturing 2012s and since 2013 models aren't out yet I just have to choose what's in their lot. Or he could get me from another dealer but cannot guarantee a discount.

What's your opinion about these guys? Am i being screwed or what? Thanks!

Let's face it dealers/salesmen will wiggle every dollar they can from you.

I bought mine at the end of the '11 model run and it was brought in from

another dealer and all the discounts were applied that the signing dealer

gave no extra involved.

Now possibly I can see freight charges being applied say from Edmonton

or Calgary to Peace River it's not local transfer or maybe you should

pick it up at source and drive home yourself if possible.

The dealer is absolutley right. This is normal for this time of year as they have to adhere to a production schedule to begin the new models. I'm waiting until September to see about the 2013's. I know there are fantastic deals to be had now but the only way you can be 100% assured of getting what you want is to order it direct. Your dealer can do a search of available inventory but remember you are competing with other dealers trying to accommodate their customers.

• Official Dodge Support

Hi! I'm new here :)

I just visited a dealership near our place here in peace river, AB and test drove a Durango SXT and a Journey R/T.

Me and my wife are leaning now more on the journey since it suits our budget and we can add all options to it but still has a reasonable price.

Now about ordering in factory, i don't know if my agent is BS-ing me or not because he said I cannot order now since they stopped manufacturing 2012s and since 2013 models aren't out yet I just have to choose what's in their lot. Or he could get me from another dealer but cannot guarantee a discount.

What's your opinion about these guys? Am i being screwed or what? Thanks!

Great,

If you do not want to wait for the 2013's, my suggestion would be to go to the Dodge.Ca website and build your own Journey. After you build it you can enter your postal code and view other dealer inventory within any distance you select. The website brings back matches closest to what you have built on the website. You can then go and view these vehicles to determine if you would be interested since they may not match exactly in color or options. If you determine you would be interested in one of these vehicles I would suggest either dealing with the dealer that has the vehicle direct if it is close enough, or negotiating with your local dealer on price before they even dealer trade for it. That way you can see what is out there for yourself and get what price you will be paying before your local dealer even gets the vehicle. Of course this is all contingent on the dealer that has the inventory being willing to let it go, but usually that is not a problem. Just select "Build your own" from the top of the link below to get started.

http://www.dodge.ca/en/

Great,

If you do not want to wait for the 2013's, my suggestion would be to go to the Dodge.Ca website and build your own Journey. After you build it you can enter your postal code and view other dealer inventory within any distance you select. The website brings back matches closest to what you have built on the website. You can then go and view these vehicles to determine if you would be interested since they may not match exactly in color or options. If you determine you would be interested in one of these vehicles I would suggest either dealing with the dealer that has the vehicle direct if it is close enough, or negotiating with your local dealer on price before they even dealer trade for it. That way you can see what is out there for yourself and get what price you will be paying before your local dealer even gets the vehicle. Of course this is all contingent on the dealer that has the inventory being willing to let it go, but usually that is not a problem. Just select "Build your own" from the top of the link below to get started.

http://www.dodge.ca/en/

Yes, that's what i'm doing for the past week - building my own via website - but i didn't think of matching it with my local dealers.

My opinion is the salesman is pushing for the journeys in their lot, maybe because he can get a better commission on their cars rather than getting one from another dealer.

He even said that he can lower the price more if i'd get the one that's in their lot - which he will only compute if im already decided.

Btw, any journey 2012s that's having brake issue so far?

• Official Dodge Support

Yes, that's what i'm doing for the past week - building my own via website - but i didn't think of matching it with my local dealers.

My opinion is the salesman is pushing for the journeys in their lot, maybe because he can get a better commission on their cars rather than getting one from another dealer.

He even said that he can lower the price more if i'd get the one that's in their lot - which he will only compute if im already decided.

Btw, any journey 2012s that's having brake issue so far?

There are no recalls or TSB's on the 2012 Journey brakes. I am sure you can find a couple brake threads within this forum more more input on the 2012 brakes.

• 3 months later...
  • Official Dodge Support

Just got an email today from the salesperson. She says my 2013 SXT is built. I ordered it on September 10th, so not bad. I figure it will probably be another 2 or 3 weeks before I get it. Is that about right?

Thats usually about right for shipping.

Thanks. It was a pretty good guess. The salesperson just sent another email saying that the vehicle is in the Laredo, Texas area. She aniticipates delivery the week of December 6th. Ho Ho Ho- Merry Christmas!

Edited by rolly

Thanks. It was a pretty good guess. The salesperson just sent another email saying that the vehicle is in the Laredo, Texas area. She aniticipates delivery the week of December 6th. Ho Ho Ho- Merry Christmas!

Nice Christmas present. Does yours have the heated steering wheel? Would definetly be nice to have in Ontario during the winter months.