New guy

D-BesT

Hello,

I am a proud owner of a 2004 Pontiac Vibe .. well not proud, I want to get RID of that damned thing! Manual windows, manual door locks, 4 speed auto, slow as hell!!! but 175000 km of nearly trouble free km's...

Thankfully I've put in my order for a 2012 Dodge Journey SXT Black on December 27th 2011. Can't wait, only thing that is keeping me sane is my iphone 4s!!!.. So hello guys

It seems to take at least 4 weeks to get to status "d" where a Vin assigned. Status D1 is when the car is assigned an estimated delivery time.

I ordered mine on nov 22 and I received my Vin on Dec 29th. No change as of yet to Mine since then.

If you google " dodge journey order codes", the Second link is a list of the various order codes that tell you the progress.

Unfortunately us Canadian customers don't have access to the same customer service websites and email addresses that the US customers have.

I ordered mine from Team Chrysler at mavis and 401.

They told me on the date that I signed the contract that it would be 6-8 weeks MAXIMUM. I further went back today to order an upgrade that I convinved myself to do, and they said that it would be 12 weeks from the day I ordered it back on December 27th 2011.

The model I ordered is the Dodge Journey SXT with the uconnect 8.4 inch NAV upgrade, sound system, reverse camera, etc (I thought it was only a crew addition, but I was told that they'd be putting it in my vehicle), reverse sensors, etc. I'm anxiously waiting, as my pontiac is starting to show extreme signs of age (I haven't been too nice to that vehicle since I got it, however I did give it synthetic oil!) No update on the VIN or VON, I've been told it's coming in the next few weeks.

I was quoted 6-8 weeks max as well when i ordered but then everyone remembered the Christmas shut down. You should get the VIN in another two weeks as that seems to be the common number for those of us who have ordered in the last 2-3 months.

I ordered mine from Team Chrysler at mavis and 401.

They told me on the date that I signed the contract that it would be 6-8 weeks MAXIMUM. I further went back today to order an upgrade that I convinved myself to do, and they said that it would be 12 weeks from the day I ordered it back on December 27th 2011.

The model I ordered is the Dodge Journey SXT with the uconnect 8.4 inch NAV upgrade, sound system, reverse camera, etc (I thought it was only a crew addition, but I was told that they'd be putting it in my vehicle), reverse sensors, etc. I'm anxiously waiting, as my pontiac is starting to show extreme signs of age (I haven't been too nice to that vehicle since I got it, however I did give it synthetic oil!) No update on the VIN or VON, I've been told it's coming in the next few weeks.

Interesting, I have a 2005 Pontiac Vibe with 145k miles (233k km) but it's the "work car". I traded my Intrepid with 231k miles/372k km for the Journey, which now my wife has for transporting 2 kids. Anyway I also feel your pain but that Vibe sure has been reliable. I want to get something else but it has too much life left, so I'm doing a major refresher, starting with the control arm+sway bar bushings and tires. That and a cushy cover for the driver seat may lessen the pain. At the rate this is going, it'll probably make it to 300k miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting, I have a 2005 Pontiac Vibe with 145k miles (233k km) but it's the "work car". I traded my Intrepid with 231k miles/372k km for the Journey, which now my wife has for transporting 2 kids. Anyway I also feel your pain but that Vibe sure has been reliable. I want to get something else but it has too much life left, so I'm doing a major refresher, starting with the control arm+sway bar bushings and tires. That and a cushy cover for the driver seat may lessen the pain. At the rate this is going, it'll probably make it to 300k miles.

The vibe now is starting to give me a few issues. The check engine light keeps going on and off during cold weather, the suspension is showing signs of age, fuel economy is not what it used to be. I've just got it new spark plugs, new tires, synthetic oil since day 2. But I've pushed that thing pretty hard since I got it, and it's been doing lots of long hauls, and long distance trips. Great little car, but with family on the way, a little too small for my liking!

You were able to get an estimated ship date from VOTS?

I thought that VOTS did not work for Canadian orders? I know it is not working for me and never has worked with my VON or VIN.

Even Chrysler Canada customer service can't tell me anything. They keep saying call the dealer.

Dodge where is my Journey?

No problem. You got me excited that you got anything for VOTS. You would think with a system like that they could tell anyone that ordered a car where the car is.

I just got a build date for my crew. Feb 13th. I ordered it Dec 9th.

So I should get it the last week of February. That would be 11 weeks if shipping is 3 weeks. If shipping takes two weeks I could see it at 10 weeks.

Good luck with the move. I bet you would rather have the Journey the day before the move. It could come in handy.

Shipping time to Toronto is approx 2 weeks. My initial estimated ship date was Jan 19th but i guess the line got quite productive :) Here is a breakdown of the shipping timeline.

shipped on Sunday Jan 15th.

in St Louis Jan 19th

Chicago Jan 22nd

Toronto Rail Yards Jan 26th

At dealer in Scarborough Jan 30th

oh and FYI the VOTS website is for US customers only. As is the customer service phone number that Dodgecares posted elsewhere on the board. I tried calling them and i got a very curt, "We can't help you, call your dealer" email reply.

Just gave them a call.. appearantly, their manufacturing lines were a little slow this few weeks and was finish production Feb 9th 2012.

Judging from ur timeline, my car is anywhere between st louis and chicago... I am litterly biting my finger nails in anticipation of this car!

• 3 weeks later...

Ordered lamin-x covers for it. They have different colors and thickness for 09-12 journeys. IMO yellow looks nice but you can get clear, smoked, slight blue and I think one more if u really want. 19 bucks plus shipping. It's literally clean the surface, put it on, and apply heat I.E turn on light for about 3-5 Mins and they are stuck on