Adding Backup Camera to the 4.3

Hey everyone, I have a 2011 DJ that's equipped with the 4.3 UConnect. It has no backup camera and I would like to add one, hopefully using the original 4.3 screen. I've searched the forum quite a bit, it seems that I need to buy this thing called the lockpick. And it looks like that the lockpick adds the functionality to view the backup camera even though I'm not in reverse. Well I don't need that feature, is there a way to just add it to the car without buying the expensive lockpick?

Thanks!!

i have a 2011 with the 8 inch screen and have been wanting to add the back up camera as well,dealers cant do it,and i found a custom audio store that my son has used and they are top notch that said they can add it using my 8 inch screen and it would be just like factory installed.750. <U.S.>and gives a 1yr warranty. i asked him if he used costal techs lockpic and he said no,because he has too much problems with their product.i dont want to spend 750. to have it done but that has been the lowest bid i have found that uses the the radio that comes with our built in screens. i havent found anyone on this blog that has installed one that has like the add cameras. the one guy i talked to said his lockpic was interferring with his factory installed back up camera. also there is no return on the lockpic if you cant get it to work right at least that is what they told me when i called coastal about 3 months ago.

its not the 250 for the lockpik it is 338. total for both the unit and camera.. But it is the info that i have heard from a person on this blog that he cant get the lockpik unit and camera to work right and has been trying to get them to help him or return the unit. Would spend the money with no problems if i knew that the camera and unit sold by them worked great with clear vidio.Since he is the only one that i have heard from and hes not happy with them not sure i want to take a chance on a no return policey thur the mail

Who told you they have a no return policy? They'll accept returns within 30 days with a 15% restocking fee. I wouldn't call it a great return policy, but it's better than nothing.
i called and talked to them and asked if it didnt work as promised or i didnt like them quality of the camera vidio could i return it . they said no but would help out to try and make any problem workable.

If he doesn't want to spend $250 on a lockpick, I'm guessing he won't want to spend $700 on the NavTV.

I was replying to the OP who has a 4.3" screen as the title says, 2late4u just hijacked the thread. Looks like the C8 only works with 8.4, unless you know something I don't.

Edited by bamboo510