We got our 2012 Dodge Journey R/T :)

In short: IT'S SWEET. (Sorry I don't have a picture to share yet; I took pictures at night and they didn't turn out very well.)

It was delivered to the dealership on Tuesday. Since the incentives were changing after Tuesday night, we went and picked it up right away. We got an AMAZING deal! Since my dad is a retired Chrysler engine plant worker, we got a full employee discount, an additional $1,000 bonus employee discount, and $1,750 cash back. The sticker was $34,580; our cost was $28,515 :)

I went ahead and got a 7 year / 70,000 mile / $0 deductible manufacturer warranty; my cost was $1,726. My wife is going to be driving the Journey R/T the most, and only works about a mile from where we live so we didn't need a ton of miles on the warranty. I also got an interior protection package and had Husky winter floor trays waiting for the car when I brought it home.

It looks absolutely SICK all (brilliant) blacked out in the R/T trim! I knew that it would look good, but it's an absolute head turner when you add in the satin 19" wheels and rear LED's. The black leather interior with contrasting red stitching looks tastefully sporty. We've already had a few "what is that" questions around town about the car :)

We can't get over the technology built into our new car. AWD, keyless entry / start, 8.4" multimedia / navigation touchscreen with voice recognition to do just about anything, gas prices, sports scores, weather reports, a good sound system... it's GREAT!

The things I wish it had available are memory seats, power pedals, rear power lift gate, and a factory hitch (I'm not a big fan of tearing off and cutting the rear bumper on a brand new car). I do realize that this would change the price point of this car, which was one of the reasons why we chose it.

The only issue I've noticed so far is that the display doesn't show all of the album art from our connected iPod nano (which I've been told is a known issue).

If you're on the fence, GO FOR IT. You won't be disappointed :)

We were in the market for a new vehicle and since my grandfather retired from Chrysler, it was a no brainer for us in terms of money. The Journey was our best deal. We got the crew with leather and sunroof, msrp was around 32,950 and we got it for 26,711. However, we wouldn't have bought the car if we didn't like it even though we knew we would have to spend a lot more on another brand.

I agree, if you are looking for a nice 7 passenger crossover, take a look at a Journey. You won't be disappointed.

BTW, what plant did your dad retire from? My grandfather retired in '83 from the plant in DE.

Edited by wrxz24

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Traded in my 2010 sxt to 2012 sxt, the difference is night and day, i love the engine and everything else.

Got the 2012 SXT too........for the wife as well. We just love the car and yes we got the extended warranty as well. Very happy to see Dodge going in the right direction. I like to look at Ford, Chevy, and Dodge/Jeep before looking elsewhere. If they meet my needs I go to them first. In our case of wanting a third seat without getting a large SUV, the Journey was it!