R/T Rallye Specs

ZAC

I was at the dodge dealership getting my coolant / AT fluid and Power steering flushed and saw the 2012 Dodge journey R/T in the service bay. I liked what I saw. I decided to visit the dodge canada site and decided to build one to check the price out. I noticed that there is a 2012 Dodge Journey R/T Rallye but I can not find any specs on this model on the dodge canada site. Went to the Dodge USA site but no such model on there site.

Just wondering if any body knows more about this one.

Edited by ZAC

The specific differences between the R/T and the R/T Rallye edition are:

Premium 19-inch Satin Carbon aluminum wheels

• Body-colour crosshair grille

• Body-colour door handles

• Black leather-faced seating with Red accent stitching and front

R/T embroidered seatbacks

• NOTE: Roof rack not included

Looks to me that the main differences between the R/T and Rallye are the carbon-faced wheels and the red seat stitching and R/T logo on the seat faces. They downgrade the door handles and grille to body coloured and remove the roof rack.

MSRP on the Rallye is $31,495 according to the Yahoo web site.

Looks to me that the main differences between the R/T and Rallye are the carbon-faced wheels and the red seat stitching and R/T logo on the seat faces. They downgrade the door handles and grille to body coloured and remove the roof rack.

So it sounds like the Rallye is basically the same thing as the American R/T.

There are differences - for some reason the entire line is riddled with small, almost insignificant differences between the models - for example the SE Plus in Canada (which is the equivalent of the SE in the US - the base Canadian model is called the CVP for 2012 where the US is the AVP), for example comes with

17" aluminum wheels,

retractable cargo cover,

Body colour mirrors,

Floor mats,

LED tail lights,

roof rack with crossbars.

In the US, the SE has

16" steel wheels w/hubcaps,

no cargo cover,

black mirrors,

no floor mats,

incandescent tail lights,

roof rack w/o crossbars.

Not sure if the AVP or SE come with the leather shifter & steering wheel that the SE Plus does in Canada.

Likewise the US R/T is available as FWD, the R/T in Canada is only AWD - in fact if you want AWD in Canada, your only choice is the R/T. There's more.

Does the US R/T have the logo stitched into the seats?

Suffice it to say that the differences are there (and annoying).

Edited by bramfrank

Don't look for the 8.4 inch screen with Nav. in the R/T in Canada unless you want to wait...did get the $600.00 Chrome Clad whells and duel Chrome exhaust tips and two cross bars on the roof rack (don't think the 2011 can with cross bars) also 19" wheels .........but did get $2000.00 off the window sticker price though...........

Note the smaller screen is still with the touch controls also.......Caper.....

• 2 weeks later...

When I first started to look at the Journey in early December, I was told that 2012's were not being built with the 8.4 screen due to the factory in Japan being closed from the fallout of the nuclear plant disaster. They also didn't have any info on the Rallye edition either. Around mid Dec. I was told that they were starting to build the Journey's with the 8.4 screen and they had the go ahead to order the R/T Rallye. The MSRP was $500 more than the R/T. I couldn't understand how the R/T came with a roof rack but when you pay more for the Rallye it becomes an option??

I negotiated with my dealer to include the roof rack, no extra charge. I am looking to have my Journey R/T Rallye delivered in late March.

I think the extended warranty on a vehicle like this is a good idea. I am interested to see how and if the Canadian group buy goes forward.

• 3 months later...

Just picked up a Rallye. No R/T stiched in the seats like it was supposed to be. All exterior handles are body colored on higher models anyway,so thats not part of it. No Rallye badging anywhere. Grill and red stitching looks good though. And mine was ordered with roof rails so that sucks LOL Thought maybe remove them, but has huge studs welded to roof, no way to hide them under small cap, etc.

Just picked up a Rallye. No R/T stiched in the seats like it was supposed to be. All exterior handles are body colored on higher models anyway,so thats not part of it. No Rallye badging anywhere. Grill and red stitching looks good though. And mine was ordered with roof rails so that sucks LOL Thought maybe remove them, but has huge studs welded to roof, no way to hide them under small cap, etc.

What did your dealer say about the no R/T logo stitching on the seats? Did they have an explaination?

Did you get any 'compensation' for the error?

I'm a Tech at said dealer, note sig. Nothing was said, the other one we got in is the same. If they start to come with the stiching at a later date I'll change the covers under warr.

My R/T Rallye just arrived on Saturday. I just went to check it out on Sunday (dealer is closed) and noticed the seats are wrong. These are the seats that the U.S. version of the R/T get.

I plan on raising hell over this. I ordered this vehicle back in December and have waited 15 weeks to not have it built to specification??

I wonder if this is across the country? I plan on calling some other dealerships to see if they have any Rallye's in stock.

I'll let you know how I make out, NOT TOO HAPPY ABOUT THIS!!

Chris

I called the sales manager this morning to point out the incorrect seats in my R/T Rallye. He said he would contact Chrysler Canada and try to find out if they didn't have them available at the time of assembly. If they don't have the seats at all, I want the price difference of the Rallye package taken off my invoice. I am not going to take delivery of this vehicle until I am happy with some kind of restitution.

I am truly at a loss to understand how and why Chrysler is marketing the Rallye as a premium upcharge. It shares body-color mirrors and door handles with base models, they took away the roof racks/bars (at a significant cost savings to Chrysler), and then mark it up $1,500 for adding a badge. The equipment is a step down from an R/T IMO. And if you're not even getting embroidered seats??? Yeah I'd be mad as hell too.

Has anyone else ordered the Rallye package on their R/T? This is a Canadian model only. These are just starting to arrive at the dealers. I haven't heard back from my dealer yet, but I am not taking delivery of my vehicle until I find out whether the seats will be replaced or I will get some financial compensation.

I didn't order the R/T Rallye, but when I factory ordered my R/T, the aalesmen said that basically I have bought the vehicle. BUT, if it doesn't come with the equipment I ordered, or the build quality is not up to par, or its been damaged, I have the right to refuse delivery of the vehicle. So, he recommended that when it comes in, I should go and look over the vehicle very carefully before signing the final documents.

When you ordered your vehicle, did it specify for sure that it was to have the logo'd seats? I think you have every right to say "this is not what I ordered" I to would be asking for some kind of rebate if they wanted me to take it.

I'll try and get a few pics of my R/T Rallye up this weekend. I haven't taken delivery yet, the vehicle is still with the dealer while they find out why the seats didn't have the R/T stitched into the seat.

Well, I heard from the new car manager last night, the seat manufacturer didn't do any of the seats with the logo, just the red stitching, which is common to the Canadian Rallye and U.S. R/T models.

So, since this was in the brochures and I ordered the Rallye, with the R/T logo being one of the reasons I ordered that package, they will compensate me financially.

There is no Rallye badging on the Journey, so the only visible difference are the wheels, body colored door handles and grill with red stitching on the seats. I had the all black roof rack put on mine as I do make use of it. The salesperson put that in the deal at no extra charge.

So in summary, the Canadian R/T Rallye will look exactly like the U.S. R/T.

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly didn't even read the specs before I purchased it. My dealer had one on the lot and I drove it and signed the papers right after. Didn't find out about the stitching till a couple days later when I was reading the sales brochure. I wish I had of though. I feel as if I can't really refuse the vehicle seeing as I knew it didn't have the stitching when I bought it.

Edited by lytefall

I ordered a Rallye a few months back and still waiting for it to arrive. The salesman even promoted the embroidered seats during the sale so if anything is not as expected I won't be taking delivery until its corrected, and I'm not accepting financial compensation as restitution either. When I order something a certain way I expect it that way or not at all.

Either way, I'll update when mine does finally arrive.